Molloplast B hardness

E

EricH

Reaction score
Is there any way to make Molloplast B cure stiffer? Patient wants it to grab the ridge undercut tighter. My assumption is that the hardness is a property of the material itself, and that curing it longer wouldn't increase the hardness. One other idea would be to relieve the stone on the model strategically to make the finished reline squeeze a little in certain places. I'm not sure if that would have negative consequences for tissue health down the road. The old denture had a soft liner that was quite dried out and hard, so it kind of snapped in over the railroad track shaped ridge.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Is there any way to make Molloplast B cure stiffer? Patient wants it to grab the ridge undercut tighter. My assumption is that the hardness is a property of the material itself, and that curing it longer wouldn't increase the hardness. One other idea would be to relieve the stone on the model strategically to make the finished reline squeeze a little in certain places. I'm not sure if that would have negative consequences for tissue health down the road. The old denture had a soft liner that was quite dried out and hard, so it kind of snapped in over the railroad track shaped ridge.

I do no think so. Might be able to fudge with model modification.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score

No your stuck with current hardness.

E

EricH

Reaction score
Thanks folks! I did fudge the model a little. Hopefully enough and not too much. I boiled it three hours instead of two, and it feels exactly the same.

Are all permanent soft liners about the same hardness?

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Thanks folks! I did fudge the model a little. Hopefully enough and not too much. I boiled it three hours instead of two, and it feels exactly the same.

Are all permanent soft liners about the same hardness?
With silicone, "the hardness" is set at manufacture.
With acrylates (liquid/ powder),it can be adjusted for hardness. ie Versacry, Permasoft, Bosworth.

Sometimes the patient just needs to be told this is the best we can do without implants.

After the fixed income, can't afford, what can you do for $400 response.....tell them denture adhesive might help.

E

EricH

Reaction score
People don't value their teeth for some reason its crazy.
I lost my first tooth last year. #30. So I have spent about $3,500 on an implant and a crown. I got the implant put in the day the tooth was extracted to preserve the bone and everything. I should get the tooth in a week or so. I've noticed that with the first molar missing chewing on that side is a whole lot less efficient! I can't imagine how people eat with just a tooth here and there. I expect to do a lot of chewing in the future, and so the price seems quite reasonable in light of that.

Top Bottom