astron lab tech pro ?

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
we use astron lab tech pro shade 99 for our hypo allergenic cases labtec-pro.png.

have a few case to proccess today and my removable manger just informed me - we are out of the liquid

anyone know if I can use another liquid as a substitute i ordered more for tomorrow but of course the one case patient can't be moved -

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
I would call astron and ask them. Is the liquid similar to clear splint or ultra flex liquid .

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Id imagine the clear splint liquid would work. Ethyl Methacrylate. I wouldn't do it though.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
thanks guys

i punked out - waiting for liquid to arrive tomorrow

- just called office explained - couldn't deliver case with reason why and shockingly was given another day

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
thanks guys

i punked out - waiting for liquid to arrive tomorrow

- just called office explained - couldn't deliver case with reason why and shockingly was given another day
So is this a hard acrylic that you pack or inject?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
hard acrylic substitute for those allergic to acrylic
It is still hard acrylic just Ethyl Methacrylate(PEMA) based not Methyl Methacrylate(PMMA= Poly Methyl Methacrylate). Also Doris was asking do you injection process or pack process. Injection on the ivobase/cap can reduce the free MMA monomer to levels generally tolerated by those who are allergic to MMA monomer. Theoretically you could overheat a conventional press pack denture and let it boil longer to reduce these levels, along with a slow cool to hopefully prevent warp, or maybe a cold water quench would be better for warp.