Asiga Pro 4k Basements

D

dabelincoln

Reaction score
Hi guys,

We like our Asiga printers very much. My only gripe with them is that the basements expire via an RFID label which forces us to purchase a new basement, even though the current basement may still be fine and usable. I don't mind purchasing the basements when needed, but to purchase one because a machine tells me time is up seems wasteful.

Have any of you had any luck resetting the RFID label or cloning the tag for the basements to where we can use them until they truly need to be replaced?

I appreciate any feedback, thanks!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

We like our Asiga printers very much. My only gripe with them is that the basements expire via an RFID label which forces us to purchase a new basement, even though the current basement may still be fine and usable. I don't mind purchasing the basements when needed, but to purchase one because a machine tells me time is up seems wasteful.

Have any of you had any luck resetting the RFID label or cloning the tag for the basements to where we can use them until they truly need to be replaced?

I appreciate any feedback, thanks!
Rfid tags are checked in a database or have a funny math check they pass. They are effectively electronically transmittable serial numbers. They cannot be reset. Only new ones issued.

doug

doug

Reaction score
What's the basement? The Resin tray?

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Do all Asiga printers have this "rfid resin tray"?

J

jVerroche

Reaction score
Do all Asiga printers have this "rfid resin tray"?
Yes they do. It’s mostly on the opposite side of the Asiga logo on the tray. White sticker 2x2 square.

A

AKP

Reaction score
The only thing you could do, is to save those codes from bad printers. Example, if one tray brakes or starts to leak but has only 30% of usage, remove code, and for your next tray that reaches 100%, remove 100% code, put 30% code on that tray so you can continue using the one that expired.
It only works if any tray brakes though.......

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Get a cheapo RFID reader and start experimenting...most like they use some off-the-shelf rfid tags which could make cloning a breeze

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Buy 10 litre trays, they wont last any longer (mostly not even that much). Rest you can stick to other tray like said before.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I'd like to know your source for this bit of information regarding the rfid chip and its actual purpose on the tray?

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
RFID chip on the tray is only calculating the liters used. Trays are all the same, so they last exactly the same. This has been confirmed by ASIGA. Their logic is that you don't need large capacity RFID chip for example gingiva material so you can buy 1 liter one. Models are more likely to be printer more and for that you can buy 5 or 10 liter one. Different resins act differently so this means not all resins can be used so long as the bottom film gets cloudy. So you can buy for example 5 liter one, start to see misprints or inaccuracies, take a new 2 liter one and after it expires just take the leftover sticker and keep using the tray.

D

dabelincoln

Reaction score
I'd like to know your source for this bit of information regarding the rfid chip and its actual purpose on the tray?

Well, the trays have a white sticker and I can see and feel the RFID antenna coil imprint from behind the sticker. The software also keeps track of the different resin trays so I'm assuming its via this RFID tag.

I could start experimenting with RFID readers and update you guys on the progress, but I wanted to ask first to see if any of you bright minds have already figured this out.

If you take care of the basements they can last longer than their designated time, so I wanted to maximize their usage by reusing them until they start developing holes or warps. I don't know how much longer they can last past their expiry since I have not been able to reuse one, but some of my old ones are still in good shape.

I appreciate all of your inputs guys, thanks.

D

DerekJ

Reaction score
Ran into this problem today. I pulled the sticker off of a messed up tray and put it onto the one that the printer says is expired. It started printing just fine. I'd like a couple of sheets of these RFID stickers so the trays can get their full use.

DentalDen

DentalDen

Reaction score
Well, the trays have a white sticker and I can see and feel the RFID antenna coil imprint from behind the sticker. The software also keeps track of the different resin trays so I'm assuming its via this RFID tag.

I could start experimenting with RFID readers and update you guys on the progress, but I wanted to ask first to see if any of you bright minds have already figured this out.

If you take care of the basements they can last longer than their designated time, so I wanted to maximize their usage by reusing them until they start developing holes or warps. I don't know how much longer they can last past their expiry since I have not been able to reuse one, but some of my old ones are still in good shape.

I appreciate all of your inputs guys, thanks.
If u get anymore info I’d love some to stick on the back of all the trays with nothing wrong accept expired chip so I can use them till there done 🤣👍👍