Asiga MAX RFID

Yoan

Yoan

Reaction score
Hey everybody !

I currently own a ASIGA Max and everyone knows how their tray s*ck especially after seeing those Anycubic metal tray that are amazing.
I saw that a german company called Dentoo was manufacturing a metal tray for the asiga MAX, but of course you still need to use an RFID sticker to print.

I bought an RFID reader/writer on amazon to play and do some research but it seems like even after decoding the RFID successfully, I cannot write it on a new tag.

I wish I could understand how to "edit" a tag to reset some kind of value but my knowledge stops here.
That is where internet comes in ! Does any of you already played a bit with this kind of RFID tags ?

My final thought is to avoid buying trays to take the stickers from them.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
What exactly is wrong with the original trays, that everybody knows?

doug

doug

Reaction score
Nothing. He doesn't want to pay to play with a piece of equipment he bought. Bet he bitches about how cheap dentists are all the time.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
sounds like a pain in the ass. I thought we were past locked machines? The trays are like 85 bucks and you have to replace every time its empty.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
How many prints can you get out of a tray?

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
How many prints can you get out of a tray?
It is measured in litres. You can buy 1L, 2L, 5L, 10L trays. The tray is the same size. The larger the printable amount, the cheaper the tray is per litre. I am using 5L ones so per litre it is under 37 euros. Using 10l will be cheaper. The system is also super simple. You insert tray and the printer will automatically modify the RFID tag. No hustle no nothing. As I see it, nobody is forcing to buy this system and later whine that you have to buy their trays. ASIGA is obviously making money from these along with resins, but their support is free for a lifetime. Using their own trays ASIGA will know that this is one factor less to take into account, when user is having misprints.

G

greg paige

Reaction score
What exactly is wrong with the original trays, that everybody knows?
It is a waste of materials and money to have to replace the tray long before it goes bad. I was already sad that the resin is not recyclable, then I found out what the size of the tray means. We pay a lot of money to own the equipment, then we pay extra "usage fee", above the material costs plus a lot of waste.

Yoan

Yoan

Reaction score
@doug I just realized you answered my thread 😂 Damn you're savage, probably some daddy issues uh ?

Anyways, thank you to those who actually answered the question.

@tehnik the support is ****ty when you are located in north America.
My goal was actually to upgrade to more trustworthy system with an actual metal tray that you can fix yourself for a fraction of the price. But it seems like people don't like to save money nowadays 😂

I wrote that whole topic to pick the brains of smart people but I guess I failed 😌

All good though, I don't even have an Asiga anymore.

Thank you for your time whiners 😄

doug

doug

Reaction score
Hey Greg! Welcome to the bored. Will you be in Chicago?

Top Bottom