Reaction score
1009265_473688672713820_710802874_o.jpg

Attachments

• Baseplate Article2014-01.pdf
    552.6 KB · Views: 33
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Tom we love you here but we are not going to allow you to post ads for your employer with out becoming a vendor. Last free plug here

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
I post on my own behalf not a manufacturers but I will make sure not to mention the product I use next time, just the technique. This is a first, for sure.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Tom would you suggest using this technique for the bite blocks too, or just for the try-in?

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Both...no better way to assure the best stability possible.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Makes sense, however I like to keep separate bbs from the tryin so I'd need 2 sets.

Maybe I need to better educate my drs on taking proper bite reg'ns.
I always get blue mousse filling in my bb sandwiches.:(

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I post on my own behalf not a manufacturers but I will make sure not to mention the product I use next time, just the technique. This is a first, for sure.

Thanks Tom, just trying to keep it fair, in all my years of acrylic work I have never used the Microwave, but processed bases we used to do a bunch of.

Clear processed bases used to be the rage back in the day, haven't done one in some time now.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
This is being done on soft tissue not hard structures so I prefer a wash in the finalized setup and not to be locked into the first impression. That is however the opinion of a broker that just orders a bunch of dentures he has to stand behind.

Last edited:
Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
John,

The only thing we should ask of those posting how they do it is if they have a financial dog in the fight with regards to materials used. They need to be transparent and very plainly state that.

TomZ is a technical asset to any forum and I would hate to see him stop posting here or anywhere.

Tom or Canton as TomZ likes to call me. LOL!

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
I don't think you understand Mr.Broker. The baseplate is made from the master impression and the putty model is only for articulation. Once the try-in is approved, you pour stone into the processed base for the first pour. That keeps the base from changing fit from the border molded master it was made from.
fig.7.jpg

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I am wondering if Tokoyama Softreliner M could be utilized as a permanent (2 years) wash on the upper denture base. I am thinking that even thinly spread it might hold up. I know it can be used on the lower....

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
We have been taught that post delivery there are two critical times where adjustments might be made after some tissue modeling has done. One is 48 hours post insert and another is 2 weeks post insertion which is usually scheduled for a clinical remount for final occlusal equilibration....While I like the idea of using a stabilized baseplate I am not certain of its definitive use.

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
What a waste of time making an acrylic resin baseplate, cannot easily adjust at tryin and also difficult to set teeth on tight bites.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Fielded several calls/emails about microwave curing and its use with wrought or cast frames. In order to illustrate the non-issue, I microwave cured a dime using a clear version of my material of preference. Crystal clear with no arcing or burning as some were concerned about.

Attachments

• metal and microwave.jpg
    metal and microwave.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 50
C

Craig T

Reaction score
Do you send out a VLC or vacuum form baseplate for the clinician to mark and trim to the vibrating line prior to fabricating the processed baseplate with a post dam?

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Vibrating line disclosure is achieved through inflation, mirror palpation, and marking with blue pencil during the master impression. The pencil line transfers on the impression, post dam is carved on the model and the baseplate is then processed on the model. This stuff isn't rocket science.

Last edited:
denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I agree fully TZ...All too often we have to guess where it is....Sometimes right and others not...This method gets rid of the guessing.....Would you use indelible pencil?

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Research I have read indicates that the post palatal border only coincides with the common default post dam position ie; hamular notch and fovea bisection about 60% of the time. Yes, an indelible blue pencil.