Acrylic to acrylic barrier

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
@sidesh0wb0b @Sda36 idea worked great, thank you Sda :) I got the small bottle of pink, which includes the brush tip in the cap, and did a trial on a printed model. It wasn't the full-blown pontic fill-in and cured in a Lang Aqua Press. But what I did do was put some white rope wax on the buccal of the pontic area (created a dam),mixed some Jet acrylic and laid it on the pontic area and tipped the cast towards the buccal to help it not run to the lingual. I let it self-cure for about 45 minutes. It came right off :) It did leave a couple of little pieces of pink in 2 spots (which weren't totally set and were in crevasses) that's why I got the pink to be able to see any leftovers. I'm sure super dave was just using what he's had all of these years, but since this was a new purchase, went with the pink
Wasn't aware they had this product in pink but will likely re-order the pink, makes sense to identify where things are. Glad you liked it, amazing war chest item for sure 🙂

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Wasn't aware they had this product in pink but will likely re-order the pink, makes sense to identify where things are. Glad you liked it, amazing war chest item for sure 🙂
I'm just finishing up another surgical guide on a printed model. I needed to fill in the space about 3 times (bigger 2 unit space) and every time, it comes right off using the Taub. Where do I send your commission check $$ to again, for reminding me of this stuff? :) :)

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm just finishing up another surgical guide on a printed model. I needed to fill in the space about 3 times (bigger 2 unit space) and every time, it comes right off using the Taub. Where do I send your commission check $$ to again, for reminding me of this stuff? :) :)
If your rubber sep gets too thick in the bottle, you can add a little distilled water to it.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
I think Fricke Dental also sells separator specifically for printed models

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
I just came across this model resin . I have not used it but supposed to be able to process acrylic on it without sticking.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Have you tried mineral oil?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Do a suckdown of isofolan over the model.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I just came across this model resin . I have not used it but supposed to be able to process acrylic on it without sticking.
So how do you devest it?

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Hello again, it's me :Hello:

When I do a suck-down implant surgical guide, what do I need to use on a printed model so that the cold cure acrylic doesn't stick to the printed model?
I tried liquid foil, but maybe I blew too much of the excess off, as that really didn't work. Then I tried 3 coats of the Zhermack Gingifast separator that we use for soft tissue to a PVS impression. That was better, but the cold cure stuck fairly well to that, too.

What do you all suggest for me? :)
TIA
Dup model the only choice for now.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Dup model the only choice for now.

Thank you for your reply, that will be Plan B if needed. Otherwise @Sda36 reminder of Taub Rubber Sep, which resolved it for me :)

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Once again, have tried Taub liquid latex, works perfectly with one coat. Great item to have in our war chests.
My bottle turned to solid.

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
FWIW we tried this out and found the resin completely unworkable, the layers of printed material delaminate very easily. Finished parts are extremely fragile and crumbled or separated during processing every time we used it. We made sure we were printing as per the manufacturer's instructions, too, we discussed it with them to make sure we weren't doing anything stupid. Maybe we just got a bad bottle or something.