After CAM output has been generated, what's the best approach to do a minor tweak to the CAD design before milling.

W

Wannabe

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here and to 3shape and would like to ask for advice. After having finalized CAD design and generated CAM output for a large case, I realized that I have to make a minor adjustment to the contour of only one restoration. This is to improve esthetics, not changing the margins, the occlusion, the settings of anything. What's the best way to this?
Thank you.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
Right click and select “redesign”, skip through the steps you don’t need to change and make your changes. Make sure to complete the steps by clicking next until it exits back to dental system.

If your order is locked because it was sent to a manufacturer, you will need to select “copy - standard copy” and then go through design steps again on the new copy.

Edit: in both cases, you will need to “generate cam output” again.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
If its reducing something, I do it in the green state... adding something, I will go back and re-model, regenerate output.

W

Wannabe

Reaction score
Right click and select “redesign”, skip through the steps you don’t need to change and make your changes. Make sure to complete the steps by clicking next until it exits back to dental system.

If your order is locked because it was sent to a manufacturer, you will need to select “copy - standard copy” and then go through design steps again on the new copy.

@AnAppleaDay Thank you for your help. I’ll give that a try. Be back to report soon.

W

Wannabe

Reaction score

@AnAppleaDay Follow up. It worked well for me.Thank you so much!!