What is the best way to explore options for CAD/CAM?

A

A. M.

I would say talk to as many people/companies as you can.
Compare prices. (All salesperson will say their company is the best...)
Figure out what you want to buy. Start with only CAD. If you buy a mill too at the same time it could be a lot to learn in a couple days and very frustrating.
If you start scanning and designing only, I think it is enough... you have options where to send your cases to be milled. Once you are comfortable with designing, you can buy a mill too.

OP
T

Thomas H

Thanks CLH. I appreciate the support.
You should really spend some quality time on our website: https://axsysdental.com
Especially exploring "The Learning Zone" tab and: https://axsysdental.com/UniqueSolution.html#fourkeyelements
I spent a lot of time making our site educational, not just a giant brochure or commercial for our products and services.
It turned out to be a pretty good site (of course I might be prejudice) —I have been told it is a good site to learn.
Check it out. I would be interested to hear your opinion.
Thanks! I'll check out and let you know.

OP
T

Thomas H

when all this 5hit is over with corona go and do a Zirkonzahn course for like 2 weeks and really get into it. you will never look back.
My lab does removable. Got any suggestions in that realm?

Last edited:
G

grantoz

yes i would still stick by my suggestion as you need to learn cadcam not how to design a crco once you know the program and whats possible away you go .you can even talk to them about what you want to achieve in a course and they will tailor it to your needs . ive done this with my staff on a number of occasions. they are the only company that makes scanners materials mills and most of all technicians.

Affinity

Affinity

Imagine just posted their 'quarantine' series of zoom lectures starting next week. One is a hyperdent pro tips and tricks. as well as 4-5 others.

Affinity

Affinity

hells no. I will keep my virtual mouth shut about it though.Pcguru

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Getting closer to finalizing the curriculum which of course I wlll share. (HA, "cours"e, see what I did there? "course"... never mind Laugh :cool: ). Dang, there is soooo much to cover. My plan is to try and enable CE credits as well.

More info to follow...

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!
    Top Bottom