3Shape 16.2 - Really slow saving orders and generating CAM

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
At the end of each job, I literally am watching the blue twirl for 12-15 seconds - seems like forever. Same thing when I generate CAM or during an AutoSave( I have it set for 15 minutes).

Is this something others are experiencing with this version of software, or maybe something I need to tweak in the software on my computer settings?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
At the end of each job, I literally am watching the blue twirl for 12-15 seconds - seems like forever. Same thing when I generate CAM or during an AutoSave( I have it set for 15 minutes).

Is this something others are experiencing with this version of software, or maybe something I need to tweak in the software on my computer settings?
I just upgraded to 16.2 and did notice a slight delay now that you mentioned it. I thought maybe it was time to clean up the memory banks.
I don't get the big cases like you so who knows?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
You have too many things open on your computer. Your 3Shape computer needs to be just that...3Shape and nothing else.

If your computer is older, you might want to think about getting an upgrade since the newer versions of 3Shape are starting to

be more demanding on hardware. That's just my 2 cents...and I have a lot more....but that's all you're getting Jeff. :D:p

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Perhaps 3shape should tidy up their code so it doesn't bog down the computer...:rolleyes:

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I just upgraded to 16.2 and did notice a slight delay now that you mentioned it. I thought maybe it was time to clean up the memory banks.
I don't get the big cases like you so who knows?[/QUO
You have too many things open on your computer. Your 3Shape computer needs to be just that...3Shape and nothing else.

If your computer is older, you might want to think about getting an upgrade since the newer versions of 3Shape are starting to

be more demanding on hardware. That's just my 2 cents...and I have a lot more....but that's all you're getting Jeff. :D:p
Well, sure...but how else can I pull up this...

J

Jae

Reaction score

You are not alone. :)
It has slowed down significantly.
Sometimes I thought my computer crashed but it completed saving when I was just about force quit the program.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Why did you upgrade to that build, were you hoping it would fix a glitch for what you're doing? I'm on 16.1 and am just doing the routine FCZ, smaller implant cases, wax frames, smaller ticket items. So I would be curious to know what may have been the benefit.

For me the only real problem I'm having is with the Zimmer scan bodies not totally meshing. I'm supposed to do a team viewer session with one of the higher level techs soon, so he can see if he can figure it out. I'm not sure if 16.2 would fix it (I'll ask) but maybe not worth it for the eternal spinning orb?