2016 3Shape

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
Who's using it? I have had mixed input. One source says its buggy another says 2015 is buggy, we knew that already. So, what's the word on the street?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
horsepullingbuggy.jpg

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
So Luke have you had sometime with v2016?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no, but others have. sevan, kent, kristian, several others.

i'm still 2014.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
So far I've heard everyone is pleased with it. Onkh complaint I've read is having to do with needing to be FDA 510k clearence to mill custom abutments on site.

I received update yesterday and designed a case today. Simple mono zirc. Had no problem with it.
After scanning the rendering was zoomed in a bit more than it had been in 2015
Seemed a bit quicker. Smooth tool is more efficient.
That's all I got for now maybe I a few weeks I'll have something else too contribute.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
So far I've heard everyone is pleased with it. Onkh complaint I've read is having to do with needing to be FDA 510k clearence to mill custom abutments on site.

I received update yesterday and designed a case today. Simple mono zirc. Had no problem with it.
After scanning the rendering was zoomed in a bit more than it had been in 2015
Seemed a bit quicker. Smooth tool is more efficient.
That's all I got for now maybe I a few weeks I'll have something else too contribute.
Thanks keep us posted

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Been rocking it on a stand alone PC solid as it can be, no issues with abutments, brown bridge inlay veneers etc........ I would say go for it. Nobel and straumann are on board excepting files from 2016 along with Biohirozon and Argen, im switching production over hopefully this weekend. I design and mill MIS, Tru abutment and Glidewell Zr abutments in house no issues.

A good amount of upgrades from 2015, facial cut back spline, splines stick on cutback when you preview then need to adjust no issues, model builder is good. Dont do bars and prettau bridges so can't say anything there.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Been running it since it was released. it is more reliable than 2015.
Jump! :)

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I'm only running it on a virtual machine to test it. Not for production use right now.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
And it is stable for productions. Been on it for a month now and no issues.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
You like it better than 2015?

We didn't put too much time into it, since we are playing with Exocad now.

Still curious about 2016 though.

Just running it in a test environment to produce a new library, haven't designed in it

really.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Just running it in a test environment to produce a new library, haven't designed in it

really.
well that's no fun for me. test design bro :)

I am working on getting the version now. do you happen to know if it runs the same SQL as 2015?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Update:
We have had some issues with invalid pointer address errors when auto designing cases after a save before output.
seems to be fine if you manually go through the design steps.
I had an issue building a model from an implant scan. 3shape took it into 2015 and got around it...maybe a small hole in the surface??
I am cutting soft tissue in a model as we speak. its been on 0 percent for 5 minutes now.
It is still a bit hit and miss but in general it is more reliable than 2015.
We are on 16.1
Oh and communicate sucks.
We have also used the 3se import with sirona.
That works well for standard C&B cases. Cant use model builder though unless you have all scans.
Will keep you updated

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
Update:
We have had some issues with invalid pointer address errors when auto designing cases after a save before output.
I had an issue building a model from an implant scan. 3shape took it into 2015 and got around it...maybe a small hole in the surface??
I am cutting soft tissue in a model as we speak. its been on 0 percent for 5 minutes now.
We are on 16.1
That works well for standard C&B cases. Cant use model builder though unless you have all scans.
Will keep you updated
Thanks

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Update:
We are on 16.1
Will keep you updated

Model builder is always a pain. They need to add a save feature in it so when it crashes,

you don't have to start all over! And the soft tissue cutting could use some improvement.

You have to have All Scans to be able to import Sirona scans anyway, unless someone

converts it to an STL for you to import. That may be the less expensive way to do it,

to pay for the conversion case by case, unless you have a high volume of Sirona cases

coming in. Then the price of the All Scans module may make cents!( See what I did there?;))