KaVo Everest Users, Stand Up & Share Tips

• Thread starter k2 Ceramic Studio
  • Start date
EGE

EGE

Reaction score

Hi Andy,

I'm a "long time" user (since 2007) ....
.....Theoretically it is also possible to mill some implant interfaces in Ti with Everest and it's been done by go2cam
but it still needs more work - I've been hearing that for the last 9 months - like a pregnancy - but this baby is already late

Sorry but I logged to this forum yesterday and am reading/replying to some old posts..
First I wanted to say that this post (total contents) is a very nice one: impartial and experienced information. As I am from GO2cam, I need to react on the above part of your post.
Yes we machined a few implant interfaces in Ti with Everest. We have users with mechanical milling machines (>300K€) doing that every day. What were the challenges:
1. precision/rigidity of the mill
We did not go far on this topic. It needed to machine several units of major interfaces on the market, measure and validate. It is a long process...like making a baby ;)
2. tool change
We need a manual tool change (min 3 tools: ball 2, Ball 1, Flat 1). This meant that
- GO2dental has to generate 2 NC codes
- At the end of first NC code: display a message (pls replace tool A by C, then press button
- re-mesure tools
- at the end of the machining : Replace tool C by A.
- re-mesure tools

For an experienced user, this process is easy. For many users, GO2cam have to propose an error free process.
When we did this test about a year ago, the cost of development/number of customers was too high. So we stopped this project.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Had a good friend tell me that KaVo want 10k euros to open up the Everest software to be able to mill non oem material, bit of a con seeing as most people who own an Everest bought it open then had to pay for the software to close it and second bit of news is the long awaited CAM software update to give individual tool paths is also priced at 10k. Now I think that is good value for money but when you have to pay 20k for both now thats taking the pi#s. Hypermill will do the same thing for 12k and they made the original software that runs KaVo Everest. Will post more info when I get it, got a feeling the new cam software still wont let you do individual abutments or bars down to fixture level, it does bars but you have to bond them to links. Will post more info when I get it.

joe.s

joe.s

NO-I'm NOT that beautiful
Reaction score
Here is the video YouTube link to KaVo Webinar about this new CAM software for Kavo Everest system available in June 2013.
Very interesting development for current Everest owners and potential new or used Everest buyers - as this is really good mill - IMHO

KaVo Everest CAM²

Last edited:
Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
I had a play with the new kavo cam at IDS...i would be going with go2!

V

vito

Reaction score
but for owners of 'everest, the new software will be paying?

cnhart@me.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Having researched this as everyone else, checked out new Kavo software at IDS, I gotta say, comparing it to go2, it was in the back alley. GO2 blew away the others for simplicity. I had an "unusual" file that they proved by manufacturing in a few clips. PM if you like images or to call. I'm a Prosthodontist undertaking research in 3d field, and was blown. They have capacity to interact with laser so if you're not too lazy to change tool manually you can have as many tools as you like to fiddle with. Plus, plus, if you're smart you can rotary mill in the a axis, but you need to make fixture holder. The bar for Everest has been lifted. It's a pity zubler won't let their software out to Kavo users. It seemed terrific too. But more fiddling, probably too much for the non tech savvy user.

cnhart@me.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
By fixture holder I mean custom yoke. And those French seem to have a brilliant thinking mechanical engineer on board. They're just learning.... Fast...

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
We had a lot of questions for all the cam guys. go2 answered them best and actually gave us more than we were asking. The ability to have custom tools made and custom paths for holes and seating surfaces. theyre willing to be a bit more flexible.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Wow thanks for the update guys, I was a bit unsure about the Cam2 from KaVo and now it sounds like Go2 is still the best option. My trial license ended a couple of weeks ago but I will upload some images of work milled, The only thing I could not do was mill metal as that was not included in the temp license so sorry can't give any feedback about metal milling,

EGE

EGE

Reaction score
Hi guys. It was nice to meet 2 of you at IDS and coming from so far...
Thanks for your positive feedback on GO2. The next 2 steps that I want are:
1. Sell the licences ;-) ...this is our business.
2. Ensure that you will keep being happy users of GO2
The feedback of 1 or 2 expert users will help us to enhance the "Templates" to best productivity.

Titanium: we have good results on other machine tools. We did only a few tests on Everest. In coming days with our "Swiss" reseller, we will prepare the templates for Coping/Crowns. The right cutting tools will be important. I'm confident.

K

KaVo Ninja

Reaction score
Wow thanks for the update guys, I was a bit unsure about the Cam2 from KaVo and now it sounds like Go2 is still the best option. My trial license ended a couple of weeks ago but I will upload some images of work milled, The only thing I could not do was mill metal as that was not included in the temp license so sorry can't give any feedback about metal milling,

you should aske me for a further license and for the operationlist for metal milling
may be you remember UWIMA - we visit you in Manchester last year ! and run the installation

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I got a quote for $25,000 for this CAM.

This is with me helping to sell another license, and working out the post for the Haas and Primacan.

Two 5-axis dongle for $50k......ah....??

Needless to say, I passed. Sorry Eric.

Maybe it is good? I will not know I guess?

Still have a KaVo for sale.....$4800.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
what?

SUM3d is just better value. I already have Two seats here.

It works for me for everything, but not for the KaVo Laser-measurement issue.

KaVo is not worth $25k to me.

This is being smart, not Miserly.

Last edited:
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
what?

It was a joke i thought you like it, and sum for president.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
what?

There's something wrong with that quote. We didn't pay anything near that.

IVY

IVY

Reaction score
I got a quote for $25,000 for this CAM.

This is with me helping to sell another license, and working out the post for the Haas and Primacan.

Two 5-axis dongle for $50k......ah....??

Needless to say, I passed. Sorry Eric.

Maybe it is good? I will not know I guess?

Still have a KaVo for sale.....$4800.
Talk to Ulrich and get a demo for the kavo to try!!!!It's not $25000 and and an extra seat is like $1500 i think. Ulrich provided me many free goodies as well! New 98mm puck holder...coolant for Kavo that doesn't kill the trans on full contour...burs....titanium disks...yz disks....pmmma....wax....that flexistrong stuff for partials and implants.