KaVo Everest Users, Stand Up & Share Tips

• Thread starter k2 Ceramic Studio
  • Start date
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Who is this swiss guy at go2cam? I thought this company is in france? Give me his email, maybe I can hold him to a meeting and get some answers from him if hes in switzerland..

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Who is this swiss guy at go2cam? I thought this company is in france? Give me his email, maybe I can hold him to a meeting and get some answers from him if hes in switzerland..
No problem and thank you I will pm you his email. Its a strange set up, the go2 guys are french and well wont talk to anyone( very strange people ) then there is this Swiss guy who has an all singing all dancing new Cam for Everest and if you add all the dots up it looks like he could be the main Rep/software guy for go2!
Like I said its not been easy getting my hands on this software. It does sound like it will be worth it in the end but we will see. Pete

joe.s

joe.s

NO-I'm NOT that beautiful
Reaction score
Hello I'm between buying a Imes Icore 450 i or the everest which one do you think is better?

Hi Andy,

I'm a "long time" user (since 2007) of Kavo Everest system and I also have some experience working with imes-icore mills.
imes-icore mills are quite nice but comparing 450i mill to Everest mill is like comparing apples to oranges - IMHO.
More appropriate mill to compare Everest with would be 550i in imes-icore line-up.

Here is why:
- they both are "real" heavy-duty industrial design mills............................. | 450i is a step below
- they both are "real" wet mills ................................................................. | 450i is an add-on retrofit
- both weigh around 750 kg - more weight the better - it cancels vibrations | 450i is ~ 200 kg
- both can take 2 material discs at once .................................................... | 450i takes one
- both use 6mm shaft tools - indispensable for milling Ti or CrCo................. | 450i takes 3mm - but can use 6mm also with add-on conversion kit

There are many more differences of-course worth mentioning:

450i & 550i imes-icore mills have an automatic 12-16 tool changer and some people "think" they can mill
implant interfaces in Ti or CrCo just because of that.
It is theoretically possible but not as easy to achieve in real life on consistent high quality level with
tight dimensional tolerances - implants parts should have.
For every day "bread & butter" production work only 2 or 3 different size burs are used just like on Kavo Everest.

Everest uses automatically two burs to mill and if you want to mill different material,
say: emax you have to manually remove the current burs and insert 3 & 1 mm diamond milling pins -
takes 15 seconds and is only done if you are changing to a different material.
98% of ALL production is processed with no problems by two (3 & 1 mm) burrs (or 2 & 0.6 mm for FCZ with go2cam)
Theoretically it is also possible to mill some implant interfaces in Ti with Everest and it's been done by go2cam
but it still needs more work - I've been hearing that for the last 9 months - like a pregnancy - but this baby is already late.

Price wise the hardware (no CAM software included) would be around +/- :
- 550i ~ $ 105,000.-
- 450i ~ $ 68,000.- with all hardware add-ons + suction
- like NEW Kavo Everest mill can be found in US for less then $ 55,000 and it would include already fully functional CAM but limited to Kavo specific materials.
....thou there are rumors Kavo might open Everest CAM (OpenMind - Hypermill) to non Kavo materials at IDS Cologne in March - my fingers are crossed.

You will need to spend another $ 11k - 16k on a nice 5-axis CAM software to use any of the above mills to their full potential.
Or even up to $ 25k and more on CAM if you want to play with more exotic options like: implant interface milling.

Given the same work load to all three mills: 550i and Everest mill should enjoy 2-4 times longer life span then 450i .

In reality - you can't make a bad decision here: Everest and 450i imes-icore are different but both are very good mills.
In 2007 I put my $ 160k bet on Kavo Everest and it worked out great for me - best lab equipment investment I ever made.

You will be happy with Everest or with 450i mill - if you learn how to properly use it and take care of it.

Good luck !

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
pete, you said only the scan pro can be used with exo? you mentioned pulling scans over to exocad from the scan eco? Can you explain that? thanks

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
pete, you said only the scan pro can be used with exo? you mentioned pulling scans over to exocad from the scan eco? Can you explain that? thanks

Hi pal, Yep no problem, The Scan Pro saves as .stl so its easy to pair with exocad but the scan eco saves at first in Breuckmann file format (the people that make the scanner)so its harder to get the .stl files out of it, not that hard but not as easy as the Scan Pro. So Anyone with an open scanner can drag and drop files into exocad as long as the files are in .stl format. All I do with my scan eco is scan the model and the prep and the bite then once Geomagic has cleaned them up, (geo is the software running in the background of the scan eco) I just right click each one of the files on the right hand side of the screen and copy and save to the desk top as .stl. Once you have booked a job into Exocad, so patients name, dentist name, job type, tech....... and press save it creates a folder for that patient, I just open the folder and drop the desktop files into it. The files need to be renamed so exo knows what they are but it takes seconds.
Hope that helps, all the best Pete

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Can you mill FCZ with the kavo CAM?

V

vito

Reaction score
COMPARISON SINTERING KAVO

untitled.JPG

I USE THIS TECHNIQUE,
ZR PUT IN HORIZONTAL SUPPORTS ON PIN CONNECTED TO THE YELLOW.
AFTER FIRING I AM THE CAPS THAT ARE CONNECTED TO BLOCK damaged.
YOU HAVE PICTURES to show me?
THANKS
untitled.JPG

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Can you mill FCZ with the kavo CAM?

Yes its easy, and the results are very good. The cam will mill you two full disks of FCZ with no problems at all. We do a lot of FCT with facial cut backs for one of our surgeons and they look really good. You will only have problems with the KaVo CAM when you are trying to do full arch cases and the preps are very divergent, Even though its 5 axis, the system will still look for a best path of insertion and this can conflict with large cases (full arch) when you need individual tool path generation and not best path. Its never really caused me any problems but does make you think outside the box.
All the best Pete

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Hi Vito, sorry pal but not sure if your asking me how I do it or showing me how you do it. Where did you get that image from Vito (go2cam) ?
THANKS Pete

V

vito

Reaction score
Everest is a picture from the cam .......
you do not have pictures of how you sintering?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Everest is a picture from the cam .......
you do not have pictures of how you sintering?
Hi Vito, yep I got loads of pics from the Cam screen but I design the nesting around the size of the bridge and the space left in the disk. I only mill large bridges in disks ( full arch ) anything smaller goes in a 60/25/20 block a lot nicer mill and no sprues to cut off.
Car screen shot.jpg

M

martintay

Reaction score
Hey Pete don`t want to change the thread , but howz your snow today ?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Let it snow, let it snow

Hi Martintay, Wow man its very cold outside. I had seen the forcast so took the day off. Live in Wales and the snow is about 8inch deep. I drive a Jag S Type and that thing really hates the snow.How is it with you mate. Oh and our driver wrote his car off today, drove straight into a wall. Glad I stayed off Lol. How was it with you pal. These pics are of where I live taken today.
Snow2.jpg Snow3.jpg Snow5.jpg Snow6.jpg Snow7.jpg Snow8.jpg Snow1.jpg IndieMaya playing.jpg

M

martintay

Reaction score
Hi Martintay, Wow man its very cold outside. I had seen the forcast so took the day off. Live in Wales and the snow is about 8inch deep. I drive a Jag S Type and that thing really hates the snow.How is it with you mate. Oh and our driver wrote his car off today, drove straight into a wall. Glad I stayed off Lol. How was it with you pal. These pics are of where I live taken today.
Hi Pete , i took the day off as well as i live on a hill and its 50 miles to work and back ( pain in the butt ) About 5-6 inches of snow. Just hoping monday will be ok ! Sounds like you have quite a distance to travel as well ! Great photo`s , which cannal is that ? Martin.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
cute kids pete, do they watch In the night garden? my sis in law lives in scotland and sends us the dvds.. this show drives me crazy, its so bizarre! BBC has some interesting kids programs.. my favorite is Rastamouse though!

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Thanks mate, yep they both LOVE "In the night garden" I think most of the toys we have are ITNG from toys through to bedding, I do think some of these BBC producers smoke way too much though. It really is very strange to watch sometimes Lol, and yeh Rastamouse is well cool.

EGE

EGE

Reaction score
...I think you are right that the software is broken down into sections so the more you want to do/ mill the more you pay, not pay per unit but pay per option so implant modual and so on. But it does look good the one thing that would scare me would be the backup.

The software is broken in modules. The basic is Coping/Crown in soft materials. Optional modules are part types: PRD, Abutments in Zr, Overpress, Nightguards, etc... Material types: Metal, Ceramics. Embedding systems. Multi-color (shaded ceramics). Exocad Integration. Open of Cerec files. Automatic Nesting.

We constantly develop and test new modules.

Pete, can you explain the Backup scare ?

EGE

EGE

Reaction score
I also need to clarify some points: I am VP of GO2cam International (based in France) which is a software editor. We sell to Machine tool manufacturers or to Resellers. For Kavo, we have developped the software with the so called in this forum "Swiss Guy"...in fact he is German. He has experience in the Hardware Servicing. The tech support to our first 20 Kavo end users has been very time consuming and my organization business model is not suited for tech support. I hope this explains why the French guys have not been always answering directly to incoming requests from Kavo users.
We are very proud to see that GO2dental is being recognized as a real solution for your machines.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I need to try this out.

I have a modified KaVo, and we use SUM3d CAM....but to integrate the laser was too much trouble.

I want to use different tools than what "Normal" Kavo does, and we make our oun Yoke, or fixture systems.

No longer is One side of stock always at -2mm or whatever stupid thing KaVo originally did, with the Center Z of stock always changing.

I also would like to use Four, or even Six tools....and have CNC file Part I (manual change tools),Part II (change tools),Part III Finishing.

We can do this with SUM3d, but I have to manually check tool-offset with jogging Z and thin piece of aluminum on a known flat piece of stock, in repeatable position. Pain in the a55