KaVo Everest Users, Stand Up & Share Tips

• Thread starter k2 Ceramic Studio
  • Start date
k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Hi guys, I get a lot of PM's asking about my Everest systems, What can it mill, Is it an open system, What scanner does it use. And help it's stopped working. I have started this thread so that anyone with a question can post it here and other Everest users can help with what they do with there engines and how they look after them and....... Well you get the gist.

Please feel free to Ask, Post & Answer. :D

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
LOOVE it!

Ill start it off..

Can you and have you milled lava ultimate? My guess is no, since you dont have open cam??

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Ok so we gave our Manchester Engine a service just before Christmas as the poor thing has really worked hard this year so we

Removed the top spindle bracket and replaced the compression grips to stop water/coolant leaking from the spindle,
ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_20121025_150505.jpg

Then we took the protective case from the face of the spindle, this is veined and lets the water/coolant get from the top of the spindle to the burs.
ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_20121025_151622.jpg
You can see from the picture that we used simple ear buds to clean the coolant access holes.

Then we used an air line to force any dirt through the coolant tubes.
ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_20121025_145950.jpg

This gets most of the dirt moving but not clear so we give it an other helping hand
Anyone play the guitar
ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_20121025_150058.jpg
ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_20121025_150053.jpg
ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_20121025_150043.jpg
We use different size strings to clear the dirt, then the last test is to use the air line one last time to make sure there are no more blockages we do this by forcing the air from the two jet holes by the size 1 and 3 burs.
ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_20121025_145959.jpg
ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_20121025_150505.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_20121025_151622.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_20121025_145950.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_20121025_150058.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_20121025_150053.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_20121025_150043.jpg ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_20121025_145959.jpg

Last edited:
k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
LOOVE it!

Ill start it off..

Can you and have you milled lava ultimate? My guess is no, since you dont have open cam??

Yes we have it was easy, just told the system it was a Titanium crown, Next?
And most of the cam is open, if you want it it be Lol

Last edited:
k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
10 Points if anyone can tell me what this is?

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_020420121289.jpg
ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_020420121289.jpg

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Really? Why titanium crown?

Zahn was selling an intro kit and one of our surgeons wanted to know if we could get our hands on it and mill a screw retained crown for him, he said the material acts in the same way a periodontal ligament does, anyway we wanted to mill it as an individual unit ( no sprues) so told the system it was a 20/20 block and we only had the option of ZS, TI, Emax, ZH and HPC We were unsure of how it would mill so milled it on a Ti strategy. It came out nice but the next time we did it on the HPC setting(faster mill time),we don't have the option to mill individual plastic units or we do but only through disks.

V

vito

Reaction score
k2 that piece in the picture if I'm not mistaken is to calibrate the laser cutters

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
k2 that piece in the picture if I'm not mistaken is to calibrate the laser cutters

You get the 10 points Vito. It is the housing for the laser, used to calibrate milling burs, well done.

V

vito

Reaction score
K2 have disassembled your engine .... Now who calibrates it?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
We do, I have loads of pics to share. We like to make sure every thing runs really smooth so are always taking stuff to bits from the laser to the spindle to fixing damaged boards. Thats the reason I started this thread. We have done a main calibration before but it scared the life out of me. So next time I will get KaVo in, to see if they are happy with it and if so we will do them from then on.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
This is our Scan Pro stripped down last October so we could re grease the table gears and give her a good clean, now where does that bolt go Lol

ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_20121119_120015.jpg
ai1161.photobucket.com_albums_q511_PeterHarling_20121119_120015.jpg

cnhart@me.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Pete, I've been looking at the go2 cam. What are your thoughts? Seems like they offer good hardware support - waiting to finally try it after the hardware arrived in mail. Do you know if they charge extra for the hard metal milling? I can't get a straight answer from them. They refer to soft milling in the quote. Damned if I understand swisstalk. I expect to be paying extra to access metal.... Scott, if you're reading this, can sum3d use the existing engine control to run the Everest?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
What tool do you use to inject grease/oil into the KaVo's Rail-Bearing Blocks?

I see a very unusual fitting that I cannot locate a mate for.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
What tool do you use to inject grease/oil into the KaVo's Rail-Bearing Blocks?

I see a very unusual fitting that I cannot locate a mate for.
Hi Scott, this one was a pain in the neck. we bought about 6 guns online but non of them would fit. In the end we rang KaVo and ordered one through them. I can take a pic if you want to see what it looks like and I still have the order code on the box if you want it. Pete

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Pete, I've been looking at the go2 cam. What are your thoughts? Seems like they offer good hardware support - waiting to finally try it after the hardware arrived in mail. Do you know if they charge extra for the hard metal milling? I can't get a straight answer from them. They refer to soft milling in the quote. Damned if I understand swisstalk. I expect to be paying extra to access metal.... Scott, if you're reading this, can sum3d use the existing engine control to run the Everest?

I really do want to give this software a go but for the life of me I cant get my hands on it. Have spoken to the Swiss guy a couple of times and he sounds like he knows his stuff but and its a big but, I can not get them to do an install for me to test it out. I think you are right that the software is broken down into sections so the more you want to do/ mill the more you pay, not pay per unit but pay per option so implant modual and so on. But it does look good the one thing that would scare me would be the backup.

cnhart@me.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Pete I've received the parts from him and it seems good if you plan future for Everest. Whilst not perfect machine it is very well made and has so much potential if you have two of them!!!!!
I'll keep you posted!

A

Andymg

Reaction score
Hello I'm between buying a Imes Icore 450 i or the everest which one do you think is better?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Hello I'm between buying a Imes Icore 450 i or the everest which one do you think is better?

Oh man that's a tough one, In all honesty I really cant give you an answer. I have never used an Imes mill but from what I have read on here they are great milling units, I think you need to run a search on here for that system and talk to the guys that do have them, If you can throw some facts at me about the system, how much it costs, what sort of back up do you have, does it come pre loaded with cam software. Can you pick them up second hand................. then I can give you a like for like breakdown. If you just want some hard facts about the Everest so you know where you stand with it then ask away. All the best Pete

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Pete I've received the parts from him and it seems good if you plan future for Everest. Whilst not perfect machine it is very well made and has so much potential if you have two of them!!!!!
I'll keep you posted!

How can you say its not a perfect machine! Lol How you getting on mate, you got that software loaded onto your Everest yet. I know what it can do with a 10 year old cad strategy and that is great so god only knows what it would run like with that go2 software or Hyper.