Zirconia Laminates

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
Thats your argument? That makes e.max a metal then, right? And layered ceramics?

Alkali metal vs. Transitional metal..is my argument. And yes, if you want to think of it that way, ceramic is a type of metal,BUT adding silica to it changes the chemical composition..Si is NOT a metal. Li is alkali zr is transitional. BIG difference. Especially when talking chemical bond.

Been very busy. Here to play again. Mahahahaha!

Last edited:
K

Kaypan

Reaction score
Alkali metal vs. Transitional metal..is my argument. And yes, if you want to think of it that way, ceramic is a type of metal,BUT adding silica to it changes the chemical composition..Si is NOT a metal. Li is alkali zr is transitional. BIG difference. Especially when talking chemical bond.

Been very busy. Here to play again. Mahahahaha!

Some of the things you state are incorrect and on the edge, but believe in what you want and act accordingly. This was never intended to be a pure ZrO2-material thread anyway I guess, my intend was to use right terminology for myself and our customers. And to create some awareness of the incorrect use of the names zirconium/zircon/zirconia...
I understand I can´t possible convince you in any way so now I will just let it go and save us the time. Did a quick online search, I can´t see Zr being defined as a metal ANYWHERE.

Zirconium dioxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
CeraRoot Zirconia Dental Implant –> 100% CERAMIC
CCMR - Ask A Scientist!
http://www.dentaladvisor.com/clinical-evaluations/asset_upload_file834_11680.pdf
Zirconia: A Proven, Durable Ceramic for Esthetic Restorations - Compendium - dentalAEGIS.com
http://www.quintpub.com/userhome/ijp/ijp_22_6_Sailer_4.pdf

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I rarely refer to the periodic table on a regular basis.:eyebrows:

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Thats Not Zirconia thought its Zirconium.

until we talk to a metalergist im stearing clear of this debate.

I'm no metalurgist or chemist for that matter. The majority of elements
on the periodic table ARE metals. Zirconia is an amalagam of elements
from the table.
If you add C/carbon a non-metal element, to Fe/Iron you get steel.
Does that mean steel is not a metal?

Top Bottom