full contour zirconia all on x finalizing

B

bigdawg1890

Reaction score
looking for a good surface stain that does not burnout at the high temp of noritake pink porcelain. i look to do my tooth color first and we have been using Nobel's zirconia for the pib all on x's, used miyo as my first pass to get the most pleasing details and when i fired at the 930 temp for the noritake a lot of my effects burned out. may not be the worst since miyo is not my strongest suit but still is there any good surface stains that share the properties of miyo that fire that high?

thanks in advance all2.jpg all1.jpg

B

bigdawg1890

Reaction score
just have always done the tooth color first so it looks more natural that the darker color is tucked under the tissue a bit. while i like the miyo pink color there is just something about the reds and pinks in the noritake set that just looks appealing to me. and the noritake pink is super easy to make look good, that was literally pink noritake ceram and pink mixed with a little red modifier for the darker red areas.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
just have always done the tooth color first so it looks more natural that the darker color is tucked under the tissue a bit. while i like the miyo pink color there is just something about the reds and pinks in the noritake set that just looks appealing to me. and the noritake pink is super easy to make look good, that was literally pink noritake ceram and pink mixed with a little red modifier for the darker red areas.
I love MIYO but use it in sync (sorry for that pun) with InSync porcelain. Fires at 765°C and can add to contacts, occlusals in one firing. Use the same liquid for glaze and porcelain additions. Comes out, you cannot tell! Any layering I do is always InSync. Have E-Ceram, VM9 but always revert back to InSync. The synergy between InSync & MIYO just can't be surpassed at this moment. Another strong point for InSync porcelain is that they have Opacified Dentin's also. Really important when you have "Too much air around where the prep actually is." (Peter Pizzi) Just my observations after going through Tons of different porcelains. Today though, at least 80% of cases are strictly MIYO because it's that good.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I love MIYO but use it in sync (sorry for that pun) with InSync porcelain. Fires at 765°C and can add to contacts, occlusals in one firing. Use the same liquid for glaze and porcelain additions. Comes out, you cannot tell! Any layering I do is always InSync. Have E-Ceram, VM9 but always revert back to InSync. The synergy between InSync & MIYO just can't be surpassed at this moment. Another strong point for InSync porcelain is that they have Opacified Dentin's also. Really important when you have "Too much air around where the prep actually is." (Peter Pizzi) Just my observations after going through Tons of different porcelains. Today though, at least 80% of cases are strictly MIYO because it's that good.
you can fire miyo much lower too. not sitting in front of my furnace at the moment but i think my miyo fires are around 720C

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
GC zr/al stain kit. I have one if youre interested. Ive never heard of stain 'burning out' color though...Hmmmm2

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
you can fire miyo much lower too. not sitting in front of my furnace at the moment but i think my miyo fires are around 720C
Ya, my normal MIYO cycle is 707°C ( leaves a very natural texture) but if I do add InSync porcelain I take it to 765°C with a 1 min hold. Typically will follow with another texture firing, just a small amount added carefully for texture then fired lower @~ 785°C with 20 second hold. I always treat post glaze with a rubber wheel then polish high points with diamond paste or whatever the like. Currently use mainly Ubassy's grey rubber wheel, gives an exact pumice effect, without the pumice hassle. Brasseler's pink feather lite wheel is also good for this.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Ya, my normal MIYO cycle is 707°C ( leaves a very natural texture) but if I do add InSync porcelain I take it to 765°C with a 1 min hold. Typically will follow with another texture firing, just a small amount added carefully for texture then fired lower @~ 785°C with 20 second hold. I always treat post glaze with a rubber wheel then polish high points with diamond paste or whatever the like. Currently use mainly Ubassy's grey rubber wheel, gives an exact pumice effect, without the pumice hassle. Brasseler's pink feather lite wheel is also good for this.
exactly! when firing for texture specifically, miyo is king! i forget the entire range i fired miyo at but it was stupid low to stupid high.
def below 700C and above 800C. LOTS of room to play with, and thats what we do as techs. push boundaries and such!

Top Bottom