Zirconia going yellowish!

Mona Lobsey

Mona Lobsey

Reaction score
Does anyone have this problem before? I am using "Mihmvogt" Sintering furnace for about 2 months and never used Colored Zirconia in it, and i am experiencing a very bad yellowish color since the beginning on "DetalDirekt" Zirconia Crowns! I tried to sinter other brands than DentaDirekt and the results are just the same :(
I emailed the company but they said that is because the furnace still new! Does that make sense? All of my work is yellowish now and i am still waiting till the furnace will become old! Help please!!

Mona Lobsey

Mona Lobsey

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I'll try that tomorrow. I wonder what is the reason for the contamination knowing that it's a new furnace! Can it be that the boy who is handling the zirconia is doing something wrong? Can it happen to the zirconia itself before centering or it's from the furnace itself?!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i had some sintered Zi go pink when rubber wheeling it......never seen that before. its happen 3x now, but not on all crowns

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
i had some sintered Zi go pink when rubber wheeling it......never seen that before. its happen 3x now, but not on all crowns
The pink/brown is only on the surface. A very light sandblast will remove it.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I'll try that tomorrow. I wonder what is the reason for the contamination knowing that it's a new furnace! Can it be that the boy who is handling the zirconia is doing something wrong? Can it happen to the zirconia itself before centering or it's from the furnace itself?!
Are your sintering beads and trays yellowing too? You may need to replace them.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Someone on DLN mentioned in a previous thread about this. It's possible the acid based stains is causing it, so a decontamination cycle should help.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
acid stains and not drying the copings out will contaminate the job very much.I was in china checking out the opposition you should see how much their furnaces are contaminated that's why they like emax because they cant afford or don't want to pay to keep things clean.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
So are you milling with sintering pins then? I hope you aren't just laying them on the tray,... cuz,.... hmmmm....

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
What Nicelysaid....ramp quick to 1600....hold
do this at least once a week

clean those elements,,,,that oven should not need a "break in" period
We love that beast!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I have been running my Mihm Vogt 5 to 6 days a week for a few years now. Never had one issue. I was told by ZublerUSA to ramp to 1600 and hold for 2 hours awhile back. Made everything look even better than it already did. I do it once a week now.

Mona Lobsey

Mona Lobsey

Reaction score
So are you milling with sintering pins then? I hope you aren't just laying them on the tray,... cuz,.... hmmmm....
I'm actually just laying them on the tray! Do you think that is the problem? I don't really know that sintering pins are, will you say more about them plz!

Mona Lobsey

Mona Lobsey

Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    556.8 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 173
Mona Lobsey

Mona Lobsey

Reaction score
White crown has been sintered in another furnace. The bad one is mine and supposed to be bleach! And I'm using 1450c

digvijay

digvijay

Reaction score
check the settings and sinter at recommended temperature as given by manufacturer,
i have been using different sintering cycles for different zirconia and even for copings i do different cycle , full anatomics , translucent and bridge work also i have different cycles ,
once i brought a chinese blank for that i have a manufacturer recommendation of s2 temperature to be 900*celcious for an hour then s-3 at 1540 *c , but the crowns came out so beautifull that i need not to do anything , it can be hand polished and sent.
maybe you are not using beads and discolored beads also impart color to zirconia, check it.
all the best.