New sintering furnace has problem

H

Harrypotter

Reaction score
Hi , everyone
I got a new zirconia sintering furnace which uses Molybdenum Disilicide heating element (MoSi2 heating elements )
and it has probelm :

the the heating elements has a lot of dust
and it fell into the sintering dust

the color of the zirconia is bad ---I have checked the zirconia , I am using the correct sintering program

Is there anyone who know the reason of this issue ?

H

Harrypotter

Reaction score
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Try to run the purge / regenerate program a few times to fix the surface of the heating elements... if nothing works, a few taps with your Elder Wand while trying various spells might do the trick after all... Rofl

H

Harrypotter

Reaction score
Try to run the purge / regenerate program a few times to fix the surface of the heating elements... if nothing works, a few taps with your Elder Wand while trying various spells might do the trick after all... Rofl
Elder Wand Five OK , I will buy 1 this afternoon

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
New furnace with this issue ? You didn’t call the manufacturer !?

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I had similar problem, but I received oven with already one broken heating element (parts were on the bottom of the heating chamber). After changing the element I still got bad results even after numerous service firings (mihm vogt oven). I received all new elements and that fixed the problem. I thought from the beginning that some other element(s) had a crack in it and it is causing similar results.

H

Harrypotter

Reaction score
I had similar problem, but I received oven with already one broken heating element (parts were on the bottom of the heating chamber). After changing the element I still got bad results even after numerous service firings (mihm vogt oven). I received all new elements and that fixed the problem. I thought from the beginning that some other element(s) had a crack in it and it is causing similar results.
ok , thanks

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
As much money as these dang ovens cost they better work perfect out of the box or I’d be sending it back. Who is the manufacturer and reseller ?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Its pretty much the only part of the oven that does anything, return that crap.

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
Looks like a Chinese furnace , but just run various purge programs and it will fix it.

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
Also try to tighten the elements rods , if the the elements its not well tight that’s generate corrosion .

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Hi Tehink - I am not sure how this happened, Mihm-Vogt doesn't send the ovens with heating elements installed. You must have purchased it used or from an unauthorized reseller.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Hi , everyone
I got a new zirconia sintering furnace which uses Molybdenum Disilicide heating element (MoSi2 heating elements )
and it has probelm :

the the heating elements has a lot of dust
and it fell into the sintering dust

the color of the zirconia is bad ---I have checked the zirconia , I am using the correct sintering program

Is there anyone who know the reason of this issue ?
The Elements look to have some sort of contamination, but that should burn away with a regeneration. That being said if this is a new oven then I don't understand why a dealer or manufacturer wouldn't stand behind it. You can try removing the elements and hitting them with ALOX at 2-bar. You will then need to run 3 consecutive regeneration cycles. I would put some clean white chunks of zirconia in the oven while running the cycles to draw out as much of the contaminate as possible. However if these are cheap elements, nothing will help for long. You will need to run your zirconia covered to save from contamination as much as possible. Good Luck.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Hi Tehink - I am not sure how this happened, Mihm-Vogt doesn't send the ovens with heating elements installed. You must have purchased it used or from an unauthorized reseller.
Hi, the package came directly from Mihm-Vogt to our company. All the pictures from broken elements etc went to Mihm-Vogt and the elements came again from Mihm-Vogt directly to our company (not to reseller).

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
The Elements look to have some sort of contamination, but that should burn away with a regeneration. That being said if this is a new oven then I don't understand why a dealer or manufacturer wouldn't stand behind it. You can try removing the elements and hitting them with ALOX at 2-bar. You will then need to run 3 consecutive regeneration cycles. I would put some clean white chunks of zirconia in the oven while running the cycles to draw out as much of the contaminate as possible. However if these are cheap elements, nothing will help for long. You will need to run your zirconia covered to save from contamination as much as possible. Good Luck.
Is that helpful to run the tray covered? I always leave it uncovered

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
they recommend to run it covered.

Attachments

• sinering.jpg
    sinering.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 14