Who is ready for 3shape 2015?

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
2015. Not sure which version. I haven't opened it yet. And by production, I mean full crown and bridge ha

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm not, my computer sucks .

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I've been playing with it for a couple of weeks.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Didn't really think that one through did I?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That's ok, what's the big improvement over 2014?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I like it so far. The combined Smile Library and Sculpt together, but the workflow is very awkward switching back and fort from tools. That's what I've noticed so far.

Not very conducive to a high production workflow.

G

Gary Smothermon

Reaction score
Is implant studio only for 3 shape or is it available in exocad? I just got a ceramill motion 2. Still in the boxes, but this sounds good

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Implant Stuite is a module for 3Shape. exocad has their own, but won't be available for 3 more years according to Ron.Wink

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
If you only do C&B and no implant 2015 2.15.2.0 is pretty solid for production some bugs but all work aroundable. But DO NOT go to 2015 if you do a lot of implant abutment. The following Libraries I currently have will work and show the FDA logo when you look in the control panel, Straumann, Glidewell 3mm and 6mm interface if you updated material files to get the 4.5mm interface that library will not work you have get install the new 4.5mm add on. The ones that don't work that I have are the Implant Direct, Nobel Biocare and Argen IS. Nobel might have a newer revised version and the same with argen. A side note I have issues on the Glidewell library on exporting the interface base to have milled in the abutment, it exports as a hole and no interface, the export interface feature is locked and unchecked. So basically don't go to 2015 just yet.

But the newest feature in 2015 are very slick makes designing crown a little bit easier, one bug I found to be annoying is they added and external lab window when creating new cases and it happens to be right were the old site window was. So me being used to entering my cases at a high speed rate always start typing in the external lab window and it errors with saying that lab doesn't have communicate setup, then the dentalmanager crashes and closes all while I have a case scanning, so then when the case is done scanning I have to reset that case as scanned. Pain in my ass, i told 2shape they need to be able to have an option to hide/disable that feature. But other then that pretty solid release. Inlay/onlays now can have cut to antagonist, when you scan in pre prep model on upper and lower cases you can now hid the lower while working on the upper with out hiding the lower perp model as well.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
We have a beta version up and running on one CPU. Looks really interesting but not ready for prime time.

Hey Bob, I was wondering when the 2015 update was going to be available?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Lab made surgical guides, what could be better than implant placement with the end in mind? Scanned DX wax up merged into a CT scan, could it be the end for dolt cowboy surgeons placing them in the embrasures of the aesthetic zone?
I've been playing with my surgeon's Anatomage software recently. There really isn't a whole lot of time involved planning smaller cases and the surgeon signs off on my planning before fabrication. I get what I want, the referring doc looks like a hero and more importantly, the patient gets an aesthetic outcome with no surprises.
Adding this feature to CAD software and being able to edit meshes, what's not to like????
Here's a case I have been working on. Don't have time to type out the TX plan on my tablet.

Patient is healed from initial extractions and socket graphs. Surgeon gives the OK to proceed. We sat down with the restorative doctor and planned the placement from the CT scans.

Screenshot (41)2.jpg
Screenshot (40)2.jpg
Screenshot (44)2.jpg

Screenshot (43)2.jpg
Reverse engineered from the digital DX waxup.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Planned yesterday morning, the surgical guide showed up today for Thursday's surgery. It fits like a glove.
DSC_0274.JPG
DSC_0275.JPG
DSC_0276.JPG

Sorry, I know this was a 3Shape thread originally. The power of digital and open system integration!;)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
did u send the CT to plan scan or do they have a dicom reader built into their suite ?

i didn't like the design suite when i got to try it. didn't feel right. felt like it was continually bogged down.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
did u send the CT to plan scan or do they have a dicom reader built into their suite ?

i didn't like the design suite when i got to try it. didn't feel right. felt like it was continually bogged down.
Imported dicom and stl fils into planning software inside Romexis.