Which milling machine should I get

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of E4D units listed on eBay for cheap prices lately, considering that they once sold for 120K-160K. Does anyone know the reason behind there being so many listings for them?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
they are not very good? i have a couple of clients that have trouble with updates etc on the older machines also many dentist that have in house mills planmeca, cerac sirona etc are changing to intra oral scan then lab manufacturing as they are always time poor and the ceracs planmeca etc dont do as good a job.

K

KIM

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of E4D units listed on eBay for cheap prices lately, considering that they once sold for 120K-160K. Does anyone know the reason behind there being so many listings for them?
Banghead

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Wow that's some real ****ty die spacer and drill comp settings, all that open space can't be right.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Does anyone have a burn out program for milled wax ?
If I remember correct it is a longer cycle than conventional dipped waxed copings

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Does anyone have a burn out program for milled wax ?
If I remember correct it is a longer cycle than conventional dipped waxed copings
Depends on what wax you use, more acrylic in the wax may need to heat soak a bit longer. We use the beige wax from talladium and use normal burn out cycle on the ney oven .

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Milled wax turns out a stellar product once you get the parameters down. I would disagree a bit with zero- printing can be as limited as milling, and cartridges can be expensive adding to the cost per unit and hassle, but that's my 2 cents.

Frankly, if you are not doing zr in house, have a low work flow in your startup phase, and are reasonably quick at hand waxing, you might be best off outsourcing your zr milling and doing it old school for wax. Scanning and designing takes time too. Call me John Henry, but I can still hand wax and sprue a full in about the same time as I can scan, design and mill a unit. Downside of hand waxing: no repeatability- it the unit mispresses or fails, square one instead of click and mill. Also, milled wax bridges are much easier to deal with than hand waxed from every aspect.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Thanks
We use grey milled wax from Argen
I will add some time to to heat soak to be on safe side

Top Bottom