Whats a gearbox pindex system?

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Hey I am trying to figure out the name for that system.
You know the one with the teflon plates and the electromagnetic grasp when you pindex.
You kinda set your pins in a teflon plate, pour your stone, and the plate/pins set inside.

It was a great system and I was going to talk the owner into getting one for our large cases...

Any ideas what this system was called?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Thanks, thats almost exactly the one I was looking for!

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I cant find it to buy in the USA. :(

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
You can also use the Zeiser pin drill and some of the zeiser plate supports with the giroform system as it's fairly inter changeable

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
Hey I am trying to figure out the name for that system.
You know the one with the teflon plates and the electromagnetic grasp when you pindex.
You kinda set your pins in a teflon plate, pour your stone, and the plate/pins set inside.

It was a great system and I was going to talk the owner into getting one for our large cases...

Any ideas what this system was called?

Marcusthegladiator,

Good afternoon! I know you are looking for something specific, the Giroform system is good, and though it saves some of the working time, it is expensive in terms of machinery and the accessories associated with the system.

I thought it appropriate to mention the cbite ASI Articulator Full arch and Quadrant. They are fast because they eliminate many steps, they provide very stable dies, and they eliminate the extra machinery...best of all the are economical when compared.

I have attached a video for your information.

If you are curious, call one of our friendly reps during regular business hours and they will help
Monday-Friday 10-7 Eastern Standard Time
US Toll Free: 1-800-771-1738

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Marcusthegladiator,

Good afternoon! I know you are looking for something specific, the Giroform system is good, and though it saves some of the working time, it is expensive in terms of machinery and the accessories associated with the system.

I thought it appropriate to mention the cbite ASI Articulator Full arch and Quadrant. They are fast because they eliminate many steps, they provide very stable dies, and they eliminate the extra machinery...best of all the are economical when compared.

I have attached a video for your information.

If you are curious, call one of our friendly reps during regular business hours and they will help
Monday-Friday 10-7 Eastern Standard Time
US Toll Free: 1-800-771-1738

Thank you, I appreciate your input. I know it's a pricey unit. We are spoiled here as the lab owner spares no expense. So we are fortunate enough to get whatever we want within reason. I really have my heart set on the machine I worked with before. I would like the large cases mounted in this way. In my past working with this machine and mounting large veneer cases with it daily, it really made a difference. Right now we pin set and base everything, even quads. There's not a plastic articulator in the house.

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
Thank you, I appreciate your input. I know it's a pricey unit. We are spoiled here as the lab owner spares no expense. So we are fortunate enough to get whatever we want within reason. I really have my heart set on the machine I worked with before. I would like the large cases mounted in this way. In my past working with this machine and mounting large veneer cases with it daily, it really made a difference. Right now we pin set and base everything, even quads. There's not a plastic articulator in the house.

Your welcome Marcusthegladiator. It's great that you work at a lab that spares no expense. I have worked at labs like that and it is truly awesome to have the equipment and materials to be able to make an amazing quality product.

I respect the way you desire to work. However, if we can help you in the future with quality plastic cbite articulators for 1-2 unit cases or rush cases give us a call and we will be happy to help.

I have worked at high-end labs where they did models in the same way as you...but I introduce the cbite articulators for 1-2 unit cases or for rush cases. They provided the same quality restorations, they saved time, and better for the bottom line.

Take care and have a great day!