what software can I design 2 implants supported molar?

B

bloooo

Reaction score
Hi, anyone else can let me know? seems like the 3shape one doesn't, or is there a way?

thank you

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
3shape will allow you to do a full mouth supported implant bridge. You just need to have the implant bridge module. Exocad will also be able to do it as well.

What exactly are you trying to do? Maybe you just don't know how to do it?

Sevan

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Is possible without the implant module as well...;)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Is possible without the implant module as well...;)

Single screw retained crowns yes you can do the hole mouth only if they are singles, full arch bridge(s) or even 2 unit splinted screw retained no. Unless you have the implant bridge module.
Multiple abutments only, yes, implant module needed.

B

bloooo

Reaction score
3shape will allow you to do a full mouth supported implant bridge. You just need to have the implant bridge module. Exocad will also be able to do it as well.

What exactly are you trying to do? Maybe you just don't know how to do it?

Sevan

2 Ti base supported screw retained molar

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

If you want to make then as individual screw retained crowns 3shape is capable of doing this with only the implant design module. Now if you want to splint those units then you will need the implant bridge/bar module. But you can get a 1 week/5save trial from 3shape and do the case without having to purchase the implant bridge/ bar module. I am not sure exactly what module(s) you may need on exocad or other cam software. But most likely they might all be the same in some sort of way.

3shape 2012 can do screw retained bridges with only the implant module, but if you get or upgrade to 2013 then you have to buy the implant bridge/bar module. I have done a 4unit screw retained ZR bridge on 3shape 2012, and on 2013 with the bar.implant bridge module demo. much easier on 2013 then 2012. Crown placement first the implant interface on 2013 and on 2012 implant abutment design first then crown over it, then you may have to go back and adjust the abutment design. Also you can now adjust the crown to implant junction on 2012 but on 2013 you can smooth the two and get a nice even transition around the tissue area. upgrades that make designing much easier and better end result but comes at a hefty module fee.

C

cos

Reaction score
Any software w/o implant module can do this w wax up.But holes you will have to drill by hand.
W implant module holes will created automatically.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Any software w/o implant module can do this w wax up.But holes you will have to drill by hand.
W implant module holes will created automatically.

Exocad also needs the implant module, but that allows you do implant bridges.

Dental wings im sure also needs an implant module.

Looks like you might be on a tight boat.

B

bloooo

Reaction score
So implant bridge/bar module will let me do 1 molar on 2 individual abutments (2 screw holes)? Just for clarifications.

Also, it basically let me put the screw hole/abutment anywhere on the bridge. I think that's what u guys meant. :)

Thanks

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
COS is spot on, any software that supports wax up scanning will let you do this, just tell the system that your job is a two unit bridge splinted and it will let you scan both abutments and do the margins then reference your wax up as the (so called ) bridge. Easy to do and very simple to ease the Zr in the soft state to open up the access holes. Really old school stuff, we were doing this 7 years ago........ I bet even if you had the implant module you would still end up telling the system it was a bridge and using a wax up or it would get very confused.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
So implant bridge/bar module will let me do 1 molar on 2 individual abutments (2 screw holes)? Just for clarifications. NO, implant bridge/bar module is for 2+ unit splinted or any bridge over 3+ unit to full mouth one piece bridge.

Also, it basically let me put the screw hole/abutment anywhere on the bridge. I think that's what u guys meant.No the screw hole come straight out the axis of where the surgeon placed the implant, if they placed it straight then the screw hole comes out strait, but if the placed it angled towards the bucal it comes out there, there is angle hole feature but i never use it, you can also increase the diameter of the screw hole as well in 3shape. :)

Thanks

The basic implant module for 3shape will allow you to do as many single screw retained crowns as you like. You can see and example of were the screw holes come out in this thread on a case I did. http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/f35/how-hell-14297/ see how the analogs are angled, then on page 2 you can see were the screw holes come out, I did not modify the screw hole at all.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Its a bit tricky if you want to do it in CAD to MIMIC a single tooth but with the joint set to none you can overlap and burry a bi on the inside and trick the software to see only one unit. The real question is are you planning to mill the units to the implant interface (non eng) or a 3rd party base?

The angle screw hole feature on screw ret crowns is bad ass for those units that need some help to hide facial access holes. I can successfully mill a 10* correction and standard hand drivers are still able to torque the units perfectly. When Nobels new screw and driver come ot we will be able to do more than 20* which will all but solve surgeon bloopers. It still doesn't solve off axis loads to the fixture but it sure as hell allows more restorative options

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
John I need to come by your lab one day and show me these tricks. LOL only a 1.3 hour drive.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Dude your always welcome come on by and come play with a VHF that works :)

I am sure we are going to meet up at show or something

OH and BTW I love the way you calculated the time in a 1.3 hours shows how precise you are. I dig it!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
LOL a VHF that works......................... It will take me from Encino to Yucaipa 1hour and 35 minutes. You going to the DLOAC? I will be there. I used to go bird photographic in Morongo Valley at the Big Morongo Persevere. Then on the way back we would always stop at the Sizzler in Yucaipa, oh so good............................ Just might make some time to swing by.

O

OzTech

Reaction score

For the 3Shape system, I dont know if you can access Medentika products in the US, but they make a range of Ti inserts that suit a large range of implants. You extend the screw access hole to occlusal level (I use a bamboo kebab skewer...same diameter). Making sure that the rotational position is maintained, you scan the insert and Hole extender as if it were the prep and design your crown over the top in whatever material you want, cutback or monolithic. Scan the soft tissue as a preprep so you can contour the emergence profile. This then allows a direct to fixture implant crown to be designed in the C&B module. If the crowns are to be splinted design as a bridge with a simple connector. Keep in mind this will require at least one non engaging insert. At the stage when the software asks that the restoration is less/thinner than limitations, do you want to continue, say yes and the mill drills the hole through the occlusal. Tidy up the access hole before sintering....Job done!!!! This process can also be used with Neoss NeoLink MONO abutment.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Not a bad trick to get around the expensive module, But the precision fit of the insert might be compromised. I have done a screw retained wax design over a ucla base once, then waxed it onto the base on the model then removed it and cast it, but that got fused together and waxing it to the base while on the model ensured the correct rotation direction. Kind of the same thing. The module just makes it a lot easier to do, but you will need a 5 axis mill and there are other implant libraries that allow for a lot more implants, NT Trading has a pretty good library with a good amount of implants that are used in the states.

O

OzTech

Reaction score
But the precision fit of the insert might be compromised..

As nothing is done to, or with the insert, until it is cemented into the crown (with Ivoclar Multilink Implant) as a final step, there is no way that the fit of the insert interface can be compromised.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Then what do you set your die spacer to? Seeing as you are doing a standard crown/bridge over the insert and skewer. I know you didn't adjust the Ti interface.

C

cos

Reaction score
Exocad also needs the implant module, but that allows you do implant bridges.

Dental wings im sure also needs an implant module.

Looks like you might be on a tight boat.

I have Exo and DW . In Exo it can be done much easier and faster.And i don't use implant module.