What Shade is 030?

Bella Zeng

Bella Zeng

Reaction score
Hi DLN,

I just got a case that Dr. wrote Shade: 030! I have no idea what exact shade is 030, Has anybody know what shade in Vita Classical chart is similar to 030? HELP!!

Any help would be very appreciated!

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Probably an Ivoclar bleach shade Bella. I think it's an old shade guide that may have been replaced?

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
030 is one of 4 Ivoclar's bleach shade compatible to BL3, hope it helps.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
030 is one of 4 Ivoclar's bleach shade compatible to BL3, hope it helps.

V2thmaster. I agree. Hard to believe that's considered old. Have to wonder what that make s me. I remember shades before bleaching shade existed. You know back in the Wooden teeth days. We called shade by wood type; ash, oak, mahogany etc...

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
030 is actually a little more comparable to BL2 but the value is a little lower. The chroma in BL3 is a little higher than in 030.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
030 is actually a little more comparable to BL2 but the value is a little lower. The chroma in BL3 is a little higher than in 030.
Ivoclar Reps say 030 is BL3.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
030 has that whole grey green thing going on. That's what is tough about the 010-040 shade guide. It's white..... With grey and green??? Lol

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Ivoclar Reps say 030 is BL3.
Doris,

I want to preface this with the disclaimer of I'm not trying to be confrontational or a smart a**. :)

I'm a Tech Consultant for Ivoclar and was looking at/comparing the shade tabs when I wrote my reply. Of course it is all subjective, and to some it may look closer to the BL3, but to my eye its BL2.

The reason the company went to the BL (BL1, BL2, etc) shade guide from the Chromoscop shade guide (010,020, etc) was customer feedback was showing that the Chromoscop shades were too low in value (too grey) and they wanted something higher value (brighter). So there really is no direct correlation between guides.

Hope this helps. :)

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Hi DLN,

I just got a case that Dr. wrote Shade: 030! I have no idea what exact shade is 030, Has anybody know what shade in Vita Classical chart is similar to 030? HELP!!

Any help would be very appreciated!
Probably the Vita Classic Bleach shade OM3. Close to the B1 enamel shade. I use C shade stain for uncolored soild zirconia for this shade.

Kem

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
I have seen lots of patients who bleach beyond B1, and fall nicely in the old bleach range of 040,-010, and am hoarding my last bottles of these shades. Have yet had a whitened-bleach shade match the BL Bleach shades. To me they look too stark, but as Pat said, it's all subjective.

Pplease bring back the old shades :)

E

erykd1

Reaction score
We use BL3 with a gray overlay to match 030. Hope that helps!

labman01

labman01

Reaction score
030 has that whole grey green thing going on. That's what is tough about the 010-040 shade guide. It's white..... With grey and green??? Lol

Yes, the 030 has a little of green hue in it, with a lot of trans that make it appear greyish. While the BL's shades guides have a warmer hue in them. I wish ivoclar would still sell the 010-040 shade guides because sometimes you need a lower value of bleach with a different hue.

Bella Zeng

Bella Zeng

Reaction score
Thanks guys! You all are so so so kind! I had order from Ivoclar for the Bleaching shade guide, and they do have 030 guide! Thanks~ :) Problem solved. ;)

Top Bottom