5years and counting in this industry and still a NEWBIE wants HELP!

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
How much does ELab actually cost to use? Heard they nickel and dime on top of being expensive.
Not sure about any in app add on's. I don't personally have it, as it doesn't support the porcelain I use (Reox KM) and I don't find the need but I have colleagues that use it and I haven't heard them complain about cost.. I think it depends on what your bread and butter is/ skill set/ demographic. It's like $450 a year, and they have their Doc's purchase their own reference cards, which I think are around $100.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Not sure about any in app add on's. I don't personally have it, as it doesn't support the porcelain I use (Reox KM) and I don't find the need but I have colleagues that use it and I haven't heard them complain about cost.. I think it depends on what your bread and butter is/ skill set/ demographic. It's like $450 a year, and they have their Doc's purchase their own reference cards, which I think are around $100.
Their camera is 1200 then their filters are like another 1200, from what i've seen its a decent color match system.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
The instrument kit for porcelain measuring is 999euros. It works well to calibrate photos using my canon markIV dslr but won’t currently work with my mirrorless R5. Haven’t used it much anyways but I keep dabbling with it.

A

Apha

Reaction score
How much does ELab actually cost to use? Heard they nickel and dime on top of being expensive.
Actually I found cheaper way to use Elab protocol. I bought yongnuo YN14ex ringflash and found this Polarisation filter for 3d printing(~5$ compared to ~500$ is preaty cheap) plus some polarisation foil, but still you have to buy greycards(Mattise got it cheaper for set of 2). Instead of dedicated software I use old plain LightroomClassic and it works preety fine.
If you want just to try how it works I'll recommend this way. Cheers!