vertex articulators

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
figured i would ask this ? to all of you on the DLN

we use vertex articulaors ( balck hinge with ball) for many of our everyday cases-
the issue we are having is the glue is just not holding
anyone having or had the same problem
we use Zap glue
Green (medium ) for holding insert to base
pink ( thin ) to adhere ball into socket

set both with accelerator:confused:

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We use the same articulators. For glue we use Akron Alpha Industrial Krazy Glue with Z-Base Accelerator. Many times, when I need to rearticulate a case, I have to use a small hammer to bust off the hinge. We don't have any problems with the glue not holding the articulators together.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
figured i would ask this ? to all of you on the DLN

we use vertex articulaors ( balck hinge with ball) for many of our everyday cases-
the issue we are having is the glue is just not holding
anyone having or had the same problem
we use Zap glue
Green (medium ) for holding insert to base
pink ( thin ) to adhere ball into socket

set both with accelerator:confused:

Is the glue separating from the base or is it separating to the ball cup?

Generally if the plaster tech articulates too soon before the base is separated from the base former it will not penetrate the pores of the stone allowing only a superficial bond to the surface "model is too saturated". When the model is totally dry is when you will get the best bond to the plastic articulator. Also if you are gluing too soon then you most likely are sawing out the dies before the base stone has fully expanded thus causing more inaccuracies.

We all try to bang out the model work but sadly its often this rush to produce that starts the chain effect to a less than perfect restoration.

Been there done that!

You can buy a cheap food dehydrator that will speed the process, there are also model ovens that will do the same thing.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Your probably spraying to fast on the ball/..and damp models

I know vertex are popular, I used for years.. but they are the cheapest, worst plastic articulartors on the block..
Try the ones that Vident sells, or Orbit. these are 100% more stable, and yes they cost more.

amadent

amadent

Reaction score
We use the same articulators. For glue we use Akron Alpha Industrial Krazy Glue with Z-Base Accelerator. Many times, when I need to rearticulate a case, I have to use a small hammer to bust off the hinge. We don't have any problems with the glue not holding the articulators together.

Thanks Brett

where do you order them from?

Greg Amendola MDT

amadent

amadent

Reaction score
Is the glue separating from the base or is it separating to the ball cup?

Generally if the plaster tech articulates too soon before the base is separated from the base former it will not penetrate the pores of the stone allowing only a superficial bond to the surface "model is too saturated". When the model is totally dry is when you will get the best bond to the plastic articulator. Also if you are gluing too soon then you most likely are sawing out the dies before the base stone has fully expanded thus causing more inaccuracies.

We all try to bang out the model work but sadly its often this rush to produce that starts the chain effect to a less than perfect restoration.

Been there done that!

You can buy a cheap food dehydrator that will speed the process, there are also model ovens that will do the same thing.

the ball cap- thanks John
prehaps what charles said is correct as well - i may be going to fast

going to change glue to the arron alpha- we used years ago no sure why we changed

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Glues

This place has great glue/accelerator and service. If you buy a bunch and freeze it you can get very good pricing. I like to buy in the smallest size bottles so that there is less waste when the tip gets buggered up.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We order those products from Zahn.