Versacryl

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
Where is the rest of the video?

Carl, thanks for the patient info, just came in..

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Nice slide show Tom.

Just one question. The wet finger...is that monomer, water, or a some kind of body fluid?

I know when I use wet fingers for light cured material that hand sanitizer (ethyl alcohol 62% and with some glycerin and other stuff...Sam's Member Mark brand) works great.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
waking this thread up with a question:

Can you use this on valplast or injected partials or dentures? Anyone having success with using it on valplast?

I am going to try taking on some removable repairs and relines, for a Dr that uses valplast-style partials, (not sure what material, but no metal frames)

Who should I talk to for a sample... TZ? ;)

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Versacryl will not chemically bond to nylon, vinyl, or valplast. It will adhere nicely to any pmma products since it is pmma based.

Contact Carl for the details and a free sample.

1-800-333-3131

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
The dentists around here are all hooked on Lucitone 199. It's a great acrylic but is costs a lot more than Diamond D, hope over time I can convince them to switch.

Just switch..... 10 to 1 none of your doctors will notice........LOL

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
ok heres another couple for you:

has anyone used this to replicate the softness of the rugae or palate on a denture?

im sure versacryl can be used for repairs and replacing teeth, can anyone explain the procedure, or their mixture ratio?

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
ok heres another couple for you:

has anyone used this to replicate the softness of the rugae or palate on a denture?

im sure versacryl can be used for repairs and replacing teeth, can anyone explain the procedure, or their mixture ratio?

Have never tried using it to duplicate rugae - I'm not sure it can hold up to the abrasion of food and tounge movement; soft relines last at best 30 months. As for ratios when you buy the kit it has suggested ratios of the two monomers for the application you need.
See the web site for more info.
Versacryl - A Multi-Purpose Thermal Dental Acrylic

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
So Ive got my versacryl self cure lab kit.. I made 1 flipper that turned out really well.. The problem I am having is that the material pulls from the model while in the pressure pot.. any tips for a c&b guy...?

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
So Ive got my versacryl self cure lab kit.. I made 1 flipper that turned out really well.. The problem I am having is that the material pulls from the model while in the pressure pot.. any tips for a c&b guy...?

Coming from a ortho person..Acrylic will do that if you don't let it properly set up before putting into the pressure pot. just make sure it has a matte finish and is slightly set before putting into pressure pot

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score

I never had this problem; what seperator are you using? Does your acrylic pull also or just the Verasacryl areas?
Agree with Smilewire; let acrylic set up just a bit before curing - what temp are you curing at and PSI in the pot?

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Could be air pushing it out as it tries to escape from between the model and acrylic...if it all happens at the right (wrong) time and the moons are misaligned. Were you adding Versacryl to a flipper or doing it all in one step?

P

phyllis

Reaction score
THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO

Thanks for all the info, this site is great. I hadn't been
on it in awhile.
I looked up the Versacryl, it looks pretty interesting.:)