TRIOS® Scanner

C

Caver

Reaction score
The new 3Shape TRIOS® Scanner is coming out soon.

Does anyone know how or who will produce these models?

Who is printing or milling models at this time?

X

Xydorf

Reaction score
Probably any1 can since the 3shape model is based on open software. Trios looks awesome btw ^^

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Thats the most impressive intra oral scanning video I have ever seen!

4-D

Reaction score
Right? It makes you want one. Think of the convience, and how impressed your customers would be to see that happening right before their eyes!

X

Xydorf

Reaction score
Yes, I am getting one as fast as I can ^^ Even before they have the swedish dealership ready :) This is just a must-have :)

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
is there a price range and release date yet?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
looks pretty big to me?

I think 0.1% of all restorations in my city are from an intra oral scanner.

I'm sure that will change, but not any time soon.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Pretty neat but man it looks big. Especially when they had the individual close to scan his bite. Lot of machine to squeeze between cheek and teeth. It would be nice if they could make it the size of those small intra oral cameras.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I think 0.1% of all restorations in my city are from an intra oral scanner.

I love markets with growth opportunity and the chance to establish myself as the original, early/only resource in that area!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Knock yourself out.

I don't see any real selling point at the moment.

If you got one, then more power to ya.

My little brother has a COS if you know anyone looking for one.

It has been used on Two cases, one of which never made it to the office.

We grew up on video games and programing DOS for the Tandy TSR80 and then Apple IIc, then IBMs..One of my brothers writes software for IBM. Dad taught C&B at Dental School.

As a family, we think the Digital Impression stuff is not there yet.
Of course it is the future. EXACTLY! It's not the present, but rather the future. I'm not suggesting it for anyone at the moment for a reason. If you want to push it and think it's ready than go ahead.

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Haaa! Dude, I remember typing in pages of code and BOOM! one little pixel slowly went up to the top of my kick ass 19 inch tv my TRS 80 was hooked to and then several little different colored pixels slowly rained down. I was so fired up that I had programed a fire works show lol! Of course if it did not work you had to go back over every....single....line to see if you left out a dash etc. Nothing like using terminal today.

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
Yea that wand is really big........they need to get these systems smaller and lighter.

C

CadCamTech

Reaction score
It's been almost a year since this thread started....any new knowledge on Trios and its release date in the US?

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Being released soon and only being sold by Cad Blu and 3D Milling Center. I think I heard June is when it's for sale.

R

rshark

Reaction score
The Trios scanner still has some bugs but it is getting there. It is still not as accurate as the Itero in my opinion. The big problem, according to my sources in Europe is that it takes so many pictures so quickly, that the file sizes are too big to handle easily. Just like the Itero there is a huge amount of data being collected at each "click". It really isn't too much of a problem if the scan is done quickly on a good patient, the problems start when you have a difficult case and need to keep redoing bits. If you take too long the file size become unmanageable. Everybody I know who has Itero has the same comment initially, "the wand is too big and heavy" however after some experience( and a few work outs at the gym" , they eventually get used to it and love it. The Trios has a much better wand, lighter and smaller, but until they sort out the software issues I'd be waiting for this one. Let somebody else be the beta testers, unless, that is, you actually want to be a beta tester.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
What's the user fee for the Treos. Like Itero has 3 different levels of partnerships and different rates. That's the only thing Im concerned with. Dr's buy it not me. If they go with lava, Itero, or Treos it doesn't really matter cuz unless every Dr has one Im still going to have to pour up models. Unless this tech becomes extremely cheap for Dr's or unless you only have Dr that only use intra oral scanners there is always going to be a need for model techs

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
The Trios scanner still has some bugs but it is getting there. It is still not as accurate as the Itero in my opinion. The big problem, according to my sources in Europe is that it takes so many pictures so quickly, that the file sizes are too big to handle easily. Just like the Itero there is a huge amount of data being collected at each "click". It really isn't too much of a problem if the scan is done quickly on a good patient, the problems start when you have a difficult case and need to keep redoing bits. If you take too long the file size become unmanageable. Everybody I know who has Itero has the same comment initially, "the wand is too big and heavy" however after some experience( and a few work outs at the gym" , they eventually get used to it and love it. The Trios has a much better wand, lighter and smaller, but until they sort out the software issues I'd be waiting for this one. Let somebody else be the beta testers, unless, that is, you actually want to be a beta tester.

So the only 'software issue' is too much data? Doesn't sound like a bug to me. I've personally used the Trios and never had an issue with scans, as long as you 'post process' them in the analyze stage. It's been a while since I used it though.