Training with Lee Culp...

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
It's true, I don't doubt that you guys know as much as Matt from Lee's does. Collectively, I'll bet you know even more! With patience and over time, I'm sure I could post all my questions here and eventually get the answers I'm looking for, or at least get pointed in the right direction.

But in all honesty, I'm not going because Lee's a dental celeb, I'm going because I'm spending intensive, one on one training time to hopefully answer all my questions, see another lab environment and their workflow, etc. It could be with anyone, honestly, as long as it's someone knowledgeable who can teach me.

I might be more defensive if the money spent on this training were coming out of my pocket. At the end of the day, though, I'm just there to learn, not get celeb cred (I think that might be more for my boss to say that his CAD/CAM coordinator was trained by Lee Culp Laugh)

user name

user name

Reaction score
Will you need to sign a non disclosure?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You could learn more from Lee Culp in a week than I could teach you the rest of my career. Guys like Tom Z and Peter Pizzi have taught me many things that Ive taken with me for over a decade. They are the people that help us perfect what we do because their passion is infectious. Theyre plugged in with the manufacturers and help bridge the gap. It takes a certain kinda person to put yourself and your work out there for everyone. I had strong opinions about Matt Roberts presentation in Chicago, and hes a legend, so who am I to say .. Esthetic is an emotion, and were all potters at the clay.

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
Will you need to sign a non disclosure?

lol, haven't been asked to sign anything like that at this point. Don't know what will happen once I get there.

all I know is my a$$ is being sent out to NC for some intensive training, I have no actual idea what's going on :p

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
in 2 years look back at this thread with 2020 hindsight

NextUnconsciousArctichare-size_restricted.gif

L

labtek

Reaction score
You could learn more from Lee Culp in a week than I could teach you the rest of my career. Guys like Tom Z and Peter Pizzi have taught me many things that Ive taken with me for over a decade. They are the people that help us perfect what we do because their passion is infectious. Theyre plugged in with the manufacturers and help bridge the gap. It takes a certain kinda person to put yourself and your work out there for everyone. I had strong opinions about Matt Roberts presentation in Chicago, and hes a legend, so who am I to say .. Esthetic is an emotion, and were all potters at the clay.

"strong opinions about Matt Roberts presentation in Chicago, and hes a legend, so who am I to say" can you provide a link to this thread and your opinions about the presentation?

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Im gonna throw down here...just a little bit.

What does Lee, or Peter or any other tooth guy with some celeb status know that we don't?

Honest question.

I know teeth. Lots of guys on here do. Theres the computer stuff that's tough for me and no doubt others, but teeth I got down. Im not impressed by celebrity. I don't believe they have any special tricks or knowledge that we don't. No?

I know theres lot of other things that go towards 'being known' and getting in the magazines. Dress sharp. Be the first to stick out your hand; dont shake more than 3 seconds. Eye contact. Vocabulary? I got words you haven't even heard yet.

Social skills. Pfft[/QUOTE

They're guys. When I check the list of speakers, it's page after page of guys, except for the occasional dentist or hygienist that give talks on infection control...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
"strong opinions about Matt Roberts presentation in Chicago, and hes a legend, so who am I to say" can you provide a link to this thread and your opinions about the presentation?
This is the only thread I’ve discussed it but here’s a link to the presentation. I say strong opinions but they are minor criticisms really. Unless you’re Matt, I wouldn’t criticize his work to someone else, like I said who am I to say. I take what I will from him and leave the rest, just like I do from anyone else. Just because they get paid to give a presentation doesn’t mean they’ve gained my insight, or they are the gold standard. It’s just perspective. One guy can follow every rule of proper smile design by the book but someone else who isn’t burdened by rules or ‘should-bes’ can make a more natural looking case. So who is right?

The point being, if youre going to present yourself as an authority or KOL, then you really have to operate at God-level to escape criticism. Maybe its not even possible.

Lee culps lecture is also on there, I caught the tail end so I might have to go back to it.

Last edited:
KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Im gonna throw down here...just a little bit.

What does Lee, or Peter or any other tooth guy with some celeb status know that we don't?

Honest question.

I know teeth. Lots of guys on here do. Theres the computer stuff that's tough for me and no doubt others, but teeth I got down. Im not impressed by celebrity. I don't believe they have any special tricks or knowledge that we don't. No?

I know theres lot of other things that go towards 'being known' and getting in the magazines. Dress sharp. Be the first to stick out your hand; dont shake more than 3 seconds. Eye contact. Vocabulary? I got words you haven't even heard yet.

Social skills. Pfft

I believe he's getting into more of the guided side. He can help plan and restore the case. Higher profit margin stuff I guess.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
When you regard single crowns as " commodities" then you have to find higher profit generators.

edit: I don't mean to imply that Lee does this however I do recall certain ex members of DLN who do.

Last edited:
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Soooo, how was the training with Mr Culp??