3Shape Custom Library Editing

S

softimmortal

Reaction score
Hello there. New member, long-time lurker. I've found quite a bit about custom libraries for 3Shape, but I'm having trouble finding the exact information I need. We use a custom library that was created some time ago by another technician. I'm not intimately familiar with the process of creating custom libraries, and most materials I'm finding are out of date. The current custom library is great, except a couple of the molars are positioned at a 90 degree angle when loading into a fresh case. Is there a way for me to edit it so I can rotate the default position of these crowns? Also, what would be the best way to create a duplicate of this library so that I can tinker with it under the hood without potentially messing up the original library?

Thanks in advance!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if this is a tooth library don't bother.

3shape always messes up loading teeth in. they are always out of position, wrong size, or poorly scaled. re0alinging 90 degrees will not save you time.

S

softimmortal

Reaction score
That's understandable. I know 3Shape has its weirdness.

Perhaps you can help me with a more specific issue, then. I figured out how to copy a library and opened it up in ScanItLibrary to tinker with it. The issue we're having is that these handles are skewed: https://ibb.co/M9Ns1D5

For some reason, they're going diagonally rather than straight up and down. I tried moving some of the handles in the library editor, but it didn't appear to fix anything. Is there another editing step I might be missing here?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
when your object is brought in to ScanItLibrary you can correct the orientation of it before its converted and the handles are added.

if you wish to change it, you have to start with that.

so import a new object, correct orientation. the software will guide you through the steps.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
You should be able to edit the smile library via control panel through edit library once you select it.