Ti base problem

mdawda

mdawda

Reaction score
Hi friends

I have been facing this problem with milling output with Ti base..
Kindly let me know the solution.
68337166c68206bd50765d7254ff3c5e.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
WHos scan abutments are you using or are you scanning and designing from the TI base itself?

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
DME issue?
engaging? non engaging?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
this is an issue pertaining to the mismatch of the scan abutment and implant interface and titanium base in your software. in order to fix it we'll have to know the specific implant, scan body, and software version that you are using.

mdawda

mdawda

Reaction score
This is Nobel replace rp ti base and its a zfx ti base..its not only with zirconia , with pmma n metal also I tried..but results remain same..

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Are you referring to fit of the base being too tight and not allowing a full seat?

If so this is a cam issue, are you running simulation before milling checking standard deviation? Bet you see a bunch of red

mdawda

mdawda

Reaction score
Ya it's too tight too fit... I use PicaSoft CAM and I think there is no simulation in that

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Seems to be a library issue. Wrong library selection in CAD for Ti-Base. Contact ZFX in case it happens on all Ti-Base

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Are you referring to fit of the base being too tight and not allowing a full seat?

If so this is a cam issue, are you running simulation before milling checking standard deviation? Bet you see a bunch of red
I see this with some libraries, not all. If you are in the sharing mood, Mr. Wilson, I would love to know how to work within the CAM software to alleviate this. I think we are using the same mill...

Last edited:
Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
could be either CAM or implant library. Did they ever fit? have you updated your CAM software recently? do the lugs line up. how much are they out? .01mm.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I see this with some libraries, not all. If you are in the sharing mood, Mr. Wilson, I would love to know how work within the CAM software to alleviate this. I think we are using the same mill...

Are you having fit issues Jeff?

As for what I was referring to is just understanding the CAM and what it is doing and checking to make sure you are actually fully milling the internal by using the simulation. Just because you pick the right preloaded strategy and the software says its cool to mill doesn't mean it is milling the pattern properly.

Many times the insertion angle and the directions you choose can be slightly askew leaving one wall undermilled slightly. Some libraries compensate for this with larger spacer but this is a bandaid for poor understanding of the CAM.

Also inside of 3shape your manufacturing process will most definitely be either an aid or a detriment towards a more drag and drop environment. If you are doing RAW stl you will have to do more post processing of your pattern in the CAM, If you generate a CAM file as the mfg process it will set most of the information for you but YOU MUST STILL CHECK EVERYTHING before milling in the CAM. Often times it will undermill based on these preset variables.

I can not stress enough how important it is to run a simulation.

There are also some libraries that benefit from the use of a flat end tool for the best fit and knowing when to include these into production will become obvious once you enforce a policy of running simulations to check whats really is being cut.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Could be a tool wear issue. If the tools are worn, then they will leave more stock. Just slightly enough to make

you have fit issue. I did not hear any mention of fresh tools. It seems his CAM system is closed and he doesn't

have control of any tool paths.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
It could also be the tolerances of the Ti base. Order another Ti base and see if

that one fits. The particular part you have might be on the high end of the

tolerance spectrum.