Thinking investing in a fex denture machine

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
Hi guys.. i am thinking on investing my savings on a valplas fex machine and where i could find a better placr then here to ask a few questions :)

I am working in dentures lately a lot and i want to make a step twords the flexible full dentures ..i havr the shotgun from Meyerson which does for me a small partial denture of 1 tooth or 2 teeth and its very good for flexy clasps ..but i am getting requests for a full flexy denture from docs and i am researching this for the first time, its not a cheap machine all brands are between 5 k $ and 8 k$

What brands are the best known around the world and checked out for their effeciency, one dealer is promoting Acry free machine and material because is like a hybrid he says ..this is what is written about it on their site

Acry Free can be repaired and relined with all acrylics hard/soft, cold/hot or by the same material itself by injection molding systems.

Or there is something even more efficient then this ..because most elastic dentures are unrepairable and unrelinable from what i understand..
Ty in advance for help and maybe tips about this method

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Hi guys.. i am thinking on investing my savings on a valplas fex machine and where i could find a better placr then here to ask a few questions :)

I am working in dentures lately a lot and i want to make a step twords the flexible full dentures ..i havr the shotgun from Meyerson which does for me a small partial denture of 1 tooth or 2 teeth and its very good for flexy clasps ..but i am getting requests for a full flexy denture from docs and i am researching this for the first time, its not a cheap machine all brands are between 5 k $ and 8 k$

What brands are the best known around the world and checked out for their effeciency, one dealer is promoting Acry free machine and material because is like a hybrid he says ..this is what is written about it on their site

Acry Free can be repaired and relined with all acrylics hard/soft, cold/hot or by the same material itself by injection molding systems.

Or there is something even more efficient then this ..because most elastic dentures are unrepairable and unrelinable from what i understand..
Ty in advance for help and maybe tips about this method

If I believed everything the website says I would have a cerac.
Generally unrepairable, which is annoying, but you could fix in wax, matrix, rebase, and boom brand newish denture with same occlusion.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
I have the tcs automatic injector and love it, have heard a lot of good things about myerson flexpress. One thing, i have never been able to get good retention on a full denture made from nylon, it lifts up from the model.

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
We have the meyerson flex press and the hot shot gun. We use meyerson's duraflex and duracetal resins with them and it has been very good. We do not use it for full dentures though, only clasps and partials. Duraflex is a little harder to polish than regular acrylic but it is pretty easy to repair, depending on the repair. Large repairs I still flask and inject with the press to get more consistent results.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
If I believed everything the website says I would have a cerac.
Generally unrepairable, which is annoying, but you could fix in wax, matrix, rebase, and boom brand newish denture with same occlusion.
Not unrepairable, just have to follow manufacturer's specs. As Alan said, flask and inject and you have a perfect bond.

One other thing to think about, the teeth are only held in by mechanical retention, no chemical bond whatsoever between the teeth and the base material. So if you make a full denture, the teeth will only be held in by the diatorics you have made. FWIW.

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
One other thing to think about, the teeth are only held in by mechanical retention, no chemical bond whatsoever between the teeth and the base material. So if you make a full denture, the teeth will only be held in by the diatorics you have made. FWIW.

This is also important for anything with a really tight bite. If you have a paper thin tooth there is no way to lock it into the resin.

kostisg

kostisg

Reaction score
Acry free and vitaplex by roko is i think same material is hard like acrylic and you can use hot and cold for rebase reline etc. but this materials can broke in mouth only.... Try thermosens by vertex for dentures, partials and nesbits(spider) over 3 teeth.

Στάλθηκε από το D5803 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
TCS & Myerson machines will allow you the greatest variety of materials to use. Snowrock can be injected with either but there are some modifications required. TCS has a denture material now and Myerson is in final testing. Flexite is another material that can be injected in either machine and new products coming from them.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
We have the meyerson flex press and the hot shot gun. We use meyerson's duraflex and duracetal resins with them and it has been very good. We do not use it for full dentures though, only clasps and partials. Duraflex is a little harder to polish than regular acrylic but it is pretty easy to repair, depending on the repair. Large repairs I still flask and inject with the press to get more consistent results.

Can you share your methods for getting a good connection for injected repairs/additions, thanks. In my experience this material is always a major pita and bonds rarely.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
Grind out the area where you are going to add, basically roughen up a few mm around the are you want to have a bond to. Lets say you're doing a tooth add on, #5, and putting a clasp on #6 because there was one on #5. So, roughen up the area where you're going to set the tooth, and go a few mm past where you want the bond. This is the same concept as roughening up an area where you would add repair acrylic. Now wax as normal, and make sure there is wax a few mm down on the existing material. Now invest as you would a notmal flexible partial, making sure you cover up everything in stone except for where you are adding material. Sprue that area as normal and finish the investment. Boilout as normal. When you are ready to inject the repair, start heating the canister as normal, and then put thw bottom half of the flask in boiling water (side with the existing partial). When you have 5 mins left before injecting (i usually do around 3, but have to work fast) pull the flask out of the boiling water. I usually hold it upside down so the water will drip out. I then wipe the existing exposed material with a paper towel to get any wax residue off of it that might be left from my boil out. I then paint some fusing liquid on it (tcs or valplast brand),close the flask and inject. Have done a lot and never had a bonding issue. I've used the same method with the same fusing liquid on duraflex and flexite with no problems as well. Hope this helps, good luck!

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
TCS & Myerson machines will allow you the greatest variety of materials to use. Snowrock can be injected with either but there are some modifications required. TCS has a denture material now and Myerson is in final testing. Flexite is another material that can be injected in either machine and new products coming from them.
Have you tried the tcs karadent yet? Curious how it is.

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
Can you share your methods for getting a good connection for injected repairs/additions, thanks. In my experience this material is always a major pita and bonds rarely.

Pretty much exactly what JTG said. Only thing I do different it I will wax the repair thick where it connects with the existing material. Was told it holds heat in the area being repaired a little longer helping the bond. I never use any bonding material either. I also boil the case out like normal and then steam off everything before heating it and then injecting.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Have you tried the tcs karadent yet? Curious how it is.
Yes have done test . I test by making a baseplate, Karadent allowed me to bond regular PMMA on ridge area. Similar to snowrock, about same flex. Ran the flexipress at 140psi I have Myerson flexipress set to use line regulated pressure. I also injected into hot flask.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Thanks JTG, will give the valplast fusing liquid a try. and in hot flask too, May be a while before I get to experiment though.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
Thanks JTG, will give the valplast fusing liquid a try. and in hot flask too, May be a while before I get to experiment though.
Glad to help out, if you run into any problems feel free to shoot me a pm.

B

Barlomiej Barszczak

Reaction score
Yes have done test . I test by making a baseplate, Karadent allowed me to bond regular PMMA on ridge area. Similar to snowrock, about same flex. Ran the flexipress at 140psi I have Myerson flexipress set to use line regulated pressure. I also injected into hot flask.
Hi. At what parameters have You set on myerson flexpress to inject karadent?

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I have a duraflex and will never look back at that purchase. I haven't tried a repair although just might do that soon just to see how it works out. If it works out then major problem solved. My finding is that the automated injection machines provide for a far better fit of the prosthesis. Likely because the speed of injection is so short and theyre is a hold under pressure cycle right after injection.

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
I also have the Myerson Flexpress, best investment I've ever made in my lab.
I use it with Myerson (Duraflex, Duracetal,Visiclear)
TCS (Iflex, Caradent, TCS unbreakable)
Valplast.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
The duraflex injection unit from Meyerson is wonderful...I use it for all duraflex and use nothing else. Lately I have repaired a few of them and relined them and it works as expected very well. Much to my amazement the unit will permit relines and repairs without using any adhesive.For relines I will cut as much material away as possible to leave open flanges and then inject. Turns out very well.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I also have the Myerson Flexpress, best investment I've ever made in my lab.
I use it with Myerson (Duraflex, Duracetal,Visiclear)
TCS (Iflex, Caradent, TCS unbreakable)
Valplast.
I too am now a duraflex fan and have the flexpress computer controlled system. extremely well built machine and likely will last a long time....The duraflex material is very affordable and at 12 per cartridge beats paying lab processing fees hands down.

Top Bottom