Thinking investing in a fex denture machine

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Can you share your methods for getting a good connection for injected repairs/additions, thanks. In my experience this material is always a major pita and bonds rarely.
Having done a few repairs I can assure you the bond is really good and I always use a serrated bur to prep the repair site

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Not unrepairable, just have to follow manufacturer's specs. As Alan said, flask and inject and you have a perfect bond.

One other thing to think about, the teeth are only held in by mechanical retention, no chemical bond whatsoever between the teeth and the base material. So if you make a full denture, the teeth will only be held in by the diatorics you have made. FWIW.
I just rout out the bottom of the tooth with a small bur and undercut it well and then make two diatorics in the side toward the undercut space. Never had any popoff yet.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I confirm with everyone here that it is very repairable if you invest and inject it. Yes you get a better bond by roughing the surface up but the bond is very good.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Having done a few repairs I can assure you the bond is really good and I always use a serrated bur to prep the repair site
My query was aimed at the use of Duraflex, is this what you're referring to? I'm satisfied with the bonding of other materials like valplast for example, but not satisfied with the results obtained trying to add to Duraflex, I sometimes wonder if I'd be faster making a new appliance.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
My query was aimed at the use of Duraflex, is this what you're referring to? I'm satisfied with the bonding of other materials like valplast for example, but not satisfied with the results obtained trying to add to Duraflex, I sometimes wonder if I'd be faster making a new appliance.
With the hot shot elite you can make small repairs or additions quickly without investing.