Straumann SCS Driver 046.401

PCdental

PCdental

Reaction score
Apparently, there is a defective lot of Straumann SCS drivers (item 046.401). I am not sure if Straumann will voluntarily contact customers that made the purchase, so I wanted to give everyone a heads up.

The driver tip is too large and will not enter the screw head to engage. Pictured is an older, long driver next to the new defective driver, and the top of the defective driver with lot number.

Attachments

• 20201222_075135.jpg
    20201222_075135.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6292.jpg
    IMG_6292.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 18
doug

doug

Reaction score
No. Straumann will not contact you, reach out to you, or even give 2 sh*ts about you. Call you surgical rep and tell him. If he's a good guy, like Cory, he will make sure you get the correct item.

PCdental

PCdental

Reaction score
My rep, Whitney, is awesome. She always replies quickly and supported me on this issue when Straumann tech was basically telling me I was crazy. It's a huge company; there are always bad eggs that make it hard to deal with them.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Is Cory Fr _ _ _ _ (protecting his confidentiality as much as I can) still working there?
He has been good in the past and hoping he has not retired.
LCM

doug

doug

Reaction score
Yes, He's the surgical rep for the northeast area now.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
My rep, Whitney, is awesome. She always replies quickly and supported me on this issue when Straumann tech was basically telling me I was crazy. It's a huge company; there are always bad eggs that make it hard to deal with them.
If you need Straumann drivers we have them - https://www.dess-usa.com/straumann-bone-level-compatible-drivers/ and also reasonably priced adaptors for Straumann if you want latch drivers for the straumann torque wrench

Attachments

• nobel and straumann adaptors.png
    nobel and straumann adaptors.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 10
PCdental

PCdental

Reaction score
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Just being devil's advocate here - the happened with all cases, or just that DDS?
Maybe his surgeon has stripped that one particular screw head when he over-tightened
and that is why only a worn out driver can fit the screw head now.
LCM

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Just being devil's advocate here - the happened with all cases, or just that DDS?
Maybe his surgeon has stripped that one particular screw head when he over-tightened
and that is why only a worn out driver can fit the screw head now.
LCM
Perish the thought. We know surgeons don't make mistakes