Single Centrals

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
"but I some times just have trouble getting the porc off my brush"

Try wetting the underlying ceramic with some glaze liquid first. Then lay your "rice" bits onto that. i find it comes away from the brush much easier ;)

As for special brushes bah! i just use the cheapest ones from my local art shop. When they wear, just chuck em and replace regularly.

Man you gotta try a Ceramicus! I use to use hobby brushes too...they don't hold moisture for crap!

I'll try the glaze liquid. Do you use a longer dry/pre-heat time then? I would assume so.

I also ordered the Empress Build Liquid, and a couple of the stains.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I do this when I have to do small add ons, but I don't like the porc on all sides of my brush when I'm building anteriors. I like to pickup a very precise amount and I find it hard to do with the dry powder technique.

Also isn't there a concern of the porc not being condensed enough with the dry technique? And what if you use build liquid? I can see that stuff building up in my porc bottle.

Anyway, I should just try it again and see what I get for results instead of thinking of reasons not to.

Capillary action is natures way to maximize condensing. When you touch the TIP of your brush in dry powder a very small amount should be on you brush tip, then lightly tap the side of the bristles on the tray edge (or jar) and you see the moisture wet through the porc.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"I'll try the glaze liquid. Do you use a longer dry/pre-heat time then? I would assume so."

No i use same as with build liquid.

"I also ordered the Empress Build Liquid"

If your using vita, then i assume you had the VM build liquid?? if so you already had the best build liquid.

Least amount of shrinkage and best colours.

Never had problems with me cheap brushes holding mositure, but im gonna treat me self to a kolinsky smile line brush soon and see how the point lasts.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
Another central.

I went with a A3.5Lt ingot.

alh4.googleusercontent.com__FlZdFcofSJ4_TqXIlB1WCUI_AAAAAAAAAUQ_ED8M_NUmjKQ_s640_IMG_4715.jpg
Stained core using e.max A4 shader and GC Luster. The core on the right was a zirconia core I shaded at the same time to compare results.
alh4.googleusercontent.com__oPkm5t9Y_Bk_TqXOMU1p9yI_AAAAAAAAAUo_D4lEryI50E8_s640_IMG_4790.jpg
Build up with A3.5 dentin as base OE Violet down on the neck area. Some TI Brown Grey at the incisal edge. Forgot what else I used..but there were about 8 different powders in this beast.
alh5.googleusercontent.com__LoDDrmtc51U_TqXIENU_OhI_AAAAAAAAAUI_TWcLZFWxFCo_s640_IMG_4795.jpg
alh3.googleusercontent.com__717FYBngGhg_TqXIlQpoTeI_AAAAAAAAAUU_QrWY_E1gd_o_s640_IMG_4797.jpg
Final result. Doc didn't take picks with it in the mouth...don't know why, because he said it looked great, but was a touch high in value, and could have used a couple fissures carved in. I'm still working on my surface texture and it's one of the things I plan on focusing on in the next couple months.
alh5.googleusercontent.com__kf2yx5mOuhE_TqXH9en241I_AAAAAAAAAUA_908jxu5Iz3Q_s640_IMG_4817.jpg
alh4.googleusercontent.com__FlZdFcofSJ4_TqXIlB1WCUI_AAAAAAAAAUQ_ED8M_NUmjKQ_s640_IMG_4715.jpg alh4.googleusercontent.com__oPkm5t9Y_Bk_TqXOMU1p9yI_AAAAAAAAAUo_D4lEryI50E8_s640_IMG_4790.jpg alh5.googleusercontent.com__LoDDrmtc51U_TqXIENU_OhI_AAAAAAAAAUI_TWcLZFWxFCo_s640_IMG_4795.jpg alh3.googleusercontent.com__717FYBngGhg_TqXIlQpoTeI_AAAAAAAAAUU_QrWY_E1gd_o_s640_IMG_4797.jpg alh5.googleusercontent.com__kf2yx5mOuhE_TqXH9en241I_AAAAAAAAAUA_908jxu5Iz3Q_s640_IMG_4817.jpg

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The hardest thing I had to learn with dry stacking was to pat the powder not stick the brush tip into it. When I dry stacked and picked up to much for some of those real small jobs I used my left thumbnail as a palate. I even did some mixing on my thumbnail.

Top Bottom