"Reaction Layer" e.max

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
i hope i'm not out of subject,
the invex liquid is at 1% HF, the etching is done at 9 %. right ?
so practically it is safe to use a higher concentration of HF. why no augment the concentration of the invex liquid ? wouldn't that make it easier to romove the reaction layer?

C

Cermatco Dental

Reaction score
I have been following the discussion here with interest because we have developed a totally new investment for e-max Pressables. This investment (CermaVest DB) has been Prototyped from our own R&D and tested with dental labs in Europe with good results. Reaction layer is eliminated or extremely easy to remove depending upon lab conditions. Our key aim with this development was to eliminate the requirement of HF containing solutions to remove the reaction layer.

Any questions/comments welcome

Cermatco Dental.

Best regards,

Alex

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have been following the discussion here with interest because we have developed a totally new investment for e-max Pressables. This investment (CermaVest DB) has been Prototyped from our own R&D and tested with dental labs in Europe with good results. Reaction layer is eliminated or extremely easy to remove depending upon lab conditions. Our key aim with this development was to eliminate the requirement of HF containing solutions to remove the reaction layer.

Any questions/comments welcome

Cermatco Dental.

Best regards,

Alex

Welcome to the party...but youre late. If youre still dealing with a reaction layer, youre using out-dated equipment and old science.

C

Cermatco Dental

Reaction score
... If youre still dealing with a reaction layer, youre using out-dated equipment and old science.

Absolutely right, but thats the point, there will be numerous Lab technians out there who are grinding their teeth (excuse pun) against older press furnaces or through lack the experience trying to deal with the reaction layer. This is where we are looking to make life easier by broadening the envelope of acceptable parameter ranges through the investment powder i.e. an investment which is more tollerant as far as technique and equipment go. Reaction layer aside we find that the surface smoothness and crack resistance are also excellent with this development in their own right.

From a personal viewpoint, the main aim for me is to allow lab technicians to work without having to rely on an HF containing etching solution (the gel form used for final etching is a different matter). HF is nasty stuff, and yes its only 1% and it is also present in some more extreme household cleaning products, but wouldnt it be nicer to avoid it altogether?.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Hi Cermatco, will you send me a sample? zip33166 Thanks

C

Cermatco Dental

Reaction score
Hello biodentg,

Absolutely, please send us a bried e-mail providing company name and address info using the contact details on our website Cermatco Dental and we will get a sample despatched to you.

Best Regards

Alex

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
I agree. My new ep5000 is awesome and I'm using speedvest with virtually no reaction layer on emax. You just need to follow the manufacturers recommondations and not cut corners. You will get solid and dependable results.
Welcome to the party...but youre late. If youre still dealing with a reaction layer, youre using out-dated equipment and old science.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I agree. My new ep5000 is awesome and I'm using speedvest with virtually no reaction layer on emax. You just need to follow the manufacturers recommondations and not cut corners. You will get solid and dependable results.

Ron, did you make any adjustments to your burnout temp?