Zubler updates...

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Ill hit you first: Am I just imagining things, or are my shades when pressing LT ingots actually more accurate? Typically they used to come out quite low in value so we would need to select a shade or two lighter ingot. Is there any chance that the physical properties have changed? What about strength?

We actually are thinking that our process strengthens the material, but have not confirmed that yet. The reason is simple, we do not heat the material as much as other ovens. if the strength decreases as time and temperature increase, then we would still be the best way to process. as far as your shade goes, some see changes, others do not. it really depends on the shade guide you use and if you're old furnace overheated the ingots.

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
Hi Carl i recently bought the variopress do i need to do a software upgrade only, for advanced press?

Regards

Mick

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Hi Carl i recently bought the variopress do i need to do a software upgrade only, for advanced press?

Regards

Mick

I would have to see the oven. Since you are in the U.K. that probably will not happen. You are going to have to contact your local Zubler dealer there.

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
i only bought it in March does that help?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Ill hit you first: Am I just imagining things, or are my shades when pressing LT ingots actually more accurate? Typically they used to come out quite low in value so we would need to select a shade or two lighter ingot. Is there any chance that the physical properties have changed? What about strength?

I've been trying to get someone to see (or admit they see) that pressings have less chroma (shades come out lighter)
when pressing 200gm than 100gm rings. Even sent pics to Ivo and the crickets are still cherpping.

Last edited:
Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score

The Upgrade has to be performed by a Zubler trained service technician. You will have to send it in. Surprised you didn't buy it with the upgrade already in it. It should have been available in March.

user name

user name

Reaction score

Im curious who you purchased from...Zubler or a reseller? Were you aware of the upgrade for pressing e.max, and was it your understanding that you were recieving the upgraded version? With as much exposure as Zubler is getting on here, seems like a good opportunity to get something worked out that would get you the latest in technology and show Zubler to be the 'above and beyond' company that Ive come to know. Its an outstanding unit either way, but you DO want the advanced press.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think the real question in my mind, is will the zubler press the emax Multi ingots, because of course Ivoclar says only their furnaces can press it..

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
What multi ingot? I don't think we are going to see it, do u?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
No clue.. two reps here mentioned it, these are guys that work at the HQ.. and this was this year.. I dont know why they would mention it otherwise.. but yeah a lot of talk is all..

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Hi Zubler USA, Ron here. Was your patent application received/accepted by the US Patent Office? If so, what is the patent number? Just curious to look at it since you mention it. I am VERY interested on how you patent what looks to me to be a program of time and temp. Please let me know ASAP, as I am in the market for a new press.

John, Ivoclar has updated you're ovens I am sure. We routinely update ovens while in the field or while in repair. We even send updates through the mail from time to time. We can now email them with our new oven, but I digress. There is more that goes into the ADVANCED PRESS UPGRADE (Not update). than just software, but part of the charge is for the software. The software took us about 2 years to develop and is based largely on working with laboratories and others to find a more optimal set of parameters for pressing lithium disilicate. Engineers cost money, advertising cost money, time is money etc. No one else has these programs because we patented them.

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Hi forum. Does anyone know how to get a hold of Zubler USA? Thanks!
Hi Zubler USA, Ron here. Was your patent application received/accepted by the US Patent Office? If so, what is the patent number? Just curious to look at it since you mention it. I am VERY interested on how you patent what looks to me to be a program of time and temp. Please let me know ASAP, as I am in the market for a new press.

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
The Upgrade has to be performed by a Zubler trained service technician. You will have to send it in. Surprised you didn't buy it with the upgrade already in it. It should have been available in March.
Well! I wasn't told the furnace came without the upgrade, as usual the companies in the uk aren't the greatest when it comes to these technical issues the engineer at Skillbond didnt even know what it was! I take it their engineers are Zubler trained?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Hi forum. Does anyone know how to get a hold of Zubler USA? Thanks!

telephones work well...Chris : 972-600-9187, Steve : 770-921-2131. Websites are handy as well. Too bad you dont have a computer...?

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
You are too funny, user name. Yes, no computer here at all, doing this post with a rotary dial... I was actually looking for the person who was making the claim regarding the patent. Who is "zubler usa"? Chris or Steve? No matter after all. I went with the ep5000 and will start pressing with it Monday. I know you said in my other post about furnaces that I should go with the zubler based on it being cheaper and reaction layer. It's not really any cheaper when you look at the 5000 has 3 years of coverage with FREE updates, not 2 that comes with he vario. also, I got 24 months to pay the thing off interest free. Although I appreciate a good price, I need more than that. My dad's ep500 has been working for over 18 years non-stop. This is important. Also, i understand from ivoclar that all of their studies on emax are done in an ivoclar furnace. I like the system approach, as if something goes sideways, 1 person to call. I also like being able to press 300g rings for press on metal and zirconia, and the cracked ring feature. It just makes more sense to me to stay with a proven system and not cut corners with unknown technology. i don't like the acid and blasting reaction layer either, but I can live with it and the extra time isn't an issue for me.

telephones work well...Chris : 972-600-9187, Steve : 770-921-2131. Websites are handy as well. Too bad you dont have a computer...?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I fixed most of my reaction layer by lowering the temp of my burnout oven. Just a little at a time. Almost zero reaction layer out of my EP5000.

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Thanks. What temp did you arrive at? Do you have any issues with short pressings?
I fixed most of my reaction layer by lowering the temp of my burnout oven. Just a little at a time. Almost zero reaction layer out of my EP5000.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Cheadlemick, We are Zubler trained and owned by Kurt Zubler. I am not sure who the engineers are at Skillbond anymore. I used to know Len Ricketts, but I understand he is no longer around. Been years since I've been to the UK. Not sure what the deal is there.
Well! I wasn't told the furnace came without the upgrade, as usual the companies in the uk aren't the greatest when it comes to these technical issues the engineer at Skillbond didnt even know what it was! I take it their engineers are Zubler trained?

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Hi Ron, this is Chris. Sorry for the slow reply, was celebrating the holiday when your post arrived in my email. Did you have a question or are you just thinking outloud?
You are too funny, user name. Yes, no computer here at all, doing this post with a rotary dial... I was actually looking for the person who was making the claim regarding the patent. Who is "zubler usa"? Chris or Steve? No matter after all. I went with the ep5000 and will start pressing with it Monday. I know you said in my other post about furnaces that I should go with the zubler based on it being cheaper and reaction layer. It's not really any cheaper when you look at the 5000 has 3 years of coverage with FREE updates, not 2 that comes with he vario. also, I got 24 months to pay the thing off interest free. Although I appreciate a good price, I need more than that. My dad's ep500 has been working for over 18 years non-stop. This is important. Also, i understand from ivoclar that all of their studies on emax are done in an ivoclar furnace. I like the system approach, as if something goes sideways, 1 person to call. I also like being able to press 300g rings for press on metal and zirconia, and the cracked ring feature. It just makes more sense to me to stay with a proven system and not cut corners with unknown technology. i don't like the acid and blasting reaction layer either, but I can live with it and the extra time isn't an issue for me.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Thanks. What temp did you arrive at? Do you have any issues with short pressings?

Ron, we are at 825c. No pressing issues at all. Actually going to lower down to 822c. Don't use my numbers though. Burnout furnaces can be all over the place temperature wise. I would just drop it a few degrees Celsius if you are having heavy reaction.

Top Bottom