Questions about selling hyperdent second hand

K

karlanm

Reaction score
I was curious about any input y'all had on reselling a version of hyperdent that just had it's maintenance expire.

Going to be closing my removables lab after 7 years and will no longer have any use for it. Going to be an employee, and they already use mill box.

Anyone had experience with this in the past?

Haven't read any of the terms, but figure if I own it I should be able to sell it right?

Going to be setting up a metal casting/sand casting shop at the house for "fun", and it would be cool if I could trade it in for a discount for something like mastercam for the big boy milling machines. I know this is a common thing in dental and other industries, but don't see anything on any of the cam websites.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
I have. So you have to inform the person buying that they will need to buy the maintenance fee. Not too sure on the title if it’s maintenance or service or refresh but there is some type of fee that locks the application if not paid. You can call hyperdent and inform them of the issue. What they did for me was give me/ the new owner to be a 1-3 month window for use. That way you can prove it works and they can get some money out of it before paying that fee. Just make sure to have the serial number and any related useful info that identifies your copy.

Last edited:
T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Mastercam is great but it's hideous overkill for most non-industry applications.

If you're not looking to use it for making money, I highly recommend taking a course in Mastercam, because it'll get you 1) a student version of mastercam that is full-featured but can't be used for commercial stuff, and 2) instruction in how to use the software. Probably a couple hundred bucks for a night course at a community college?
Courses are one of my favourite ways to get access to pro software that I don't want to pirate and can't afford to buy, it's why I take a single Solidworks course every year so I get rolling access to their Student Version (and not that horrible 3DEXPERIENCE misadventure they're trying to force hobbyists into).

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
What's your new lab using MB for? It's likely that hyperDENT could increase the quality/speed of the restorations coming off their machine, and it might also reduce calculation times - so maybe they'd be interested in purchasing it from you. As a bonus, they already have an employee that knows how to use it!

K

karlanm

Reaction score
Mastercam is great but it's hideous overkill for most non-industry applications.

If you're not looking to use it for making money, I highly recommend taking a course in Mastercam, because it'll get you 1) a student version of mastercam that is full-featured but can't be used for commercial stuff, and 2) instruction in how to use the software. Probably a couple hundred bucks for a night course at a community college?
Courses are one of my favourite ways to get access to pro software that I don't want to pirate and can't afford to buy, it's why I take a single Solidworks course every year so I get rolling access to their Student Version (and not that horrible 3DEXPERIENCE misadventure they're trying to force hobbyists into).
Tuyere:
Yea, I'm doing some of the titans of cnc course stuff, and 3dexperience is .....an experience for sure.
I think that's not a bad idea about the student versions. Also, fusion 360 suite & cam generator seems like a cheaper option with the monthly payments.

Senor (or Senorita) Green:

They've already got millbox and aren't really interested unfortunately, and I didn't didn't exactly sell the merits of the program because while I found a way, there were some issues with my implementation. They use MB for full arch zirc, crowns, pmma, and the other odd bit and ends. Honestly, I had a lot of issues with my reseller, as getting information as a removable lab is pretty hit or miss. Could have been an exocad issue, but they couldnt get me a millable denture in a year of calling at least every month (probably was exocad because I ran booleans on the calculated simulation pucks and there was always intersections between denture base and milled teeth, no matter what I changed or they recommended). Ended up I was milling the teeth, 3d printing a denture, flasking that, throwing it away, and packing with the teeth. So I wouldn't feel comfortable selling to someone who wasn't already familiar with hyperdent.

In my area its really hard to find denture techs, so I was left flasking 2-8 cases a day myself between going to surgery, paying bills, and everything else a one man show has to do. They are able to mill dentures just fine with millbox....sooo

For the full arch try in cases it did work pretty well, but I had to teach myself that part.

Coolest of the Lukes:
Being a bit of a masochist, ie dental tech, "is that it?"

------

Last edited:
A

Alphadigital

Reaction score
I was curious about any input y'all had on reselling a version of hyperdent that just had it's maintenance expire.

Going to be closing my removables lab after 7 years and will no longer have any use for it. Going to be an employee, and they already use mill box.

Anyone had experience with this in the past?

Haven't read any of the terms, but figure if I own it I should be able to sell it right?

Going to be setting up a metal casting/sand casting shop at the house for "fun", and it would be cool if I could trade it in for a discount for something like mastercam for the big boy milling machines. I know this is a common thing in dental and other industries, but don't see anything on any of the cam websites.
I’m getting an imes icore 350i pro , curious if your hyperdent could work with it.
I’m new to this forum but you can contact me with more info and price if interested I. Selling your dongle.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
hyperdent will run any dental mill, if you buy the postprocessor for the specific machine.