Hyperdent Thimble Bars

Reaction score
Anyone have any information on milling thimble bars on the Hyperdent CAM software.

I've been trying to mill them out using the abutment bridge template on a C clamp with the undercut feature to get good definition on the bars. However, it takes about 2 to 3 hours for it to calculate, and it crashes with errors in the end because the bur is hitting. The bur hits the disc because its opening is based off the undercut feature. Is there a way to get the disc to open up more on the side and to reduce the calculation time for these bars? I know the undercut feature is what is making the calculation times long but I'm getting bad definition and unusable bars without it.

On a side note would I be able to eliminate some of these problems by making a template specifically for thimble bars and are there any schools or instructors that teach hyperdent on a deeper level ?

Screenshot-1.png
Screenshot-2.png

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Isnt this why you pay thousands a year to hyperdent for your license? Can they not help you? Granted it may take months or years for them to get back to you, but they have engineers that can work this out.. Im not sure anyone here other than @CoolHandLuke could help you with hyperdent.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
that IS why you pay for support, and from the looks of your template there are some cam optimizations that could or should be put in place, however you should know it also comes down to the machine's motion controller, because some machines have limitations that others do not.

the "arbitrary stock roughing" is mostly what is holding you up with cam calculation - because it has to simulate everything that came before it to perform the next routine. something like restmachining would offer a faster alternative.

this is just friendly advice, i no longer work for free. if you don't have template generator module for hyperdent, i can't work for you period.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah.. no template generator, it doesnt really matter.. youre at the whim of your reseller.

Having said that, this is some advanced level stuff to be milling without a deep understanding of the machine and hyperdent.. which is understandably why youre here. Ive had my issues with hyperdent too.. 😒

Top Bottom