Problems with EXOCAD?????

C

charles007

Reaction score
I love my Exocharm charles, is this exocitis symptoms ?.
My Exobad scanner is just not as accurate as 3shape, and Exocad needs tweaking a lot to make me a happy camper...
Example today,,, simple FCZ bicuspid comes back with totally open mesial contact......occlusion is fine.
Contact in design showing in Blue as usual and this crown shouldn't have a totally open mesial contact. Banghead
Every 3 or 4th crown I design, the blue color showing exactly where the proximal contact is does not work... no color Banghead
Using the Distance to Antagonists tool box with the Show Intersections checked and clicking on Adjacents, no blue coloring, and no coloring even if you check Show Proximity
Exocad knows about this problem, and I have been dealing with this crap for over 6 months.......
My Add distance X/Y is set at 0.01 in order to get a crown that fits/ Beginning of cement is set at 2. or higher / Cement thickness .2
Do want to hear more :arghh:
Now back to more 3shape designed cases :p

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Heres you chance to vent about your experiences with EXCOCAD. Ixsobad MEX MI MAD! How has your support been,,,, there or non existant?

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
maybe the models are off, Which scanner are you using? are you using powder or spray?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Heres you chance to vent about your experiences with EXCOCAD. Ixsobad MEX MI MAD! How has your support been,,,, there or non existant?

sorry to hear that.

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
My Exobad scanner is just not as accurate as 3shape, and Exocad needs tweaking a lot to make me a happy camper...
Example today,,, simple FCZ bicuspid comes back with totally open mesial contact......occlusion is fine.
Contact in design showing in Blue as usual and this crown shouldn't have a totally open mesial contact. Banghead
Every 3 or 4th crown I design, the blue color showing exactly where the proximal contact is does not work... no color Banghead
Using the Distance to Antagonists tool box with the Show Intersections checked and clicking on Adjacents, no blue coloring, and no coloring even if you check Show Proximity
Exocad knows about this problem, and I have been dealing with this crap for over 6 months.......
My Add distance X/Y is set at 0.01 in order to get a crown that fits/ Beginning of cement is set at 2. or higher / Cement thickness .2
Do want to hear more :arghh:
Now back to more 3shape designed cases :p

I am sorry to hear that Charles ! I am surprised because this is the biggest change I noticed when I first used Exocad . I had really accurate contact points , and occlusion . Of course compared to Mental Wings . What I also noticed , is when I am scanning a silicon matrix as antagonist , I get some times inaccuracy regarding occlusion . So I started putting a elastic band around my articulator after I put the putty , really tight , to keep it as pressured as possible . Problem solved . After sintering occlusion is perfect . Now regarding the contact points , I really don't have any problems at all so I can't be much of a help there . Good luck !!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Ok, that was funny Tyler.

I changed my other post because I thought it was making fun of a bad situation.

Do you want to hear it anyway?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Ok, that was funny Tyler.

I changed my other post because I thought it was making fun of a bad situation.

Do you want to hear it anyway?

Let it rip you know you want to

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
Charles, I only check the adjacents box if I'm designing two crowns side by side. Say I'm doing #'s 14 and 15, if I'm working on the distal contact of 14 with the adjacents box checked and then start working on the mesial contact of 15 there won't be any blue area unless I uncheck and check the adjacent box again. A mild nuisance but no big deal. As far as single units go I find it easier to view the contacts from the under side of the model to see how far it is going into the adjacents and flatten it some and get it the shape I want. Then in the adapt to antagonist/adjacents window I will set the distance to adjacents to 0.02. I may have to hit the area just under the contact to seat but not much at all.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I'm 3shaper, and I was using two different milling centers. I had to set occlusion and contacts differently for each, and one was never consistent with contacts. I'll bet your prob is the milling center. Have you tried a different one? Pick one and send them about 10-15 crowns over 2-3 weeks and see how it goes.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
" My Exobad scanner is just not as accurate as 3 shape" What the heck is an Exocad scanner?.

"Exocad knows about this problem",...knows about what problem?,..I'm not having a problem so does that mean that something is wrong with my version of Exocad?

Are you getting scans from an intraoral or are you scanning a physical model,...what modeling system are you using. Are you measuring and vacuum mixing your stone? Are you using a typical pin and stone base system. Do all your dentists use the same impression material,...see where I'm going with this?

I went to start my Honda the other morning and the battery was dead!!! I was super pissed. Honda knows about this problem,...stupid Honda. My wife's Toyota always starts!!!!!

After reading this I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a melon baller, dug both my eyes out and fed them to my dog,.....do you see what you made me do,...yeah?!!,...well guess what,...I can't,.....cause I fed my eyes to my dog man!!!,...and stop laughing dude,..it ain't funny CongratsReddy MusicusSmokin

G

grantoz

Reaction score
its not the software its your scanning . the software doesn't change contacts etc like that. Its the way you are sitting the models in the scanner basically somethings movin .If your not doing the scanning yourself I would check what your staff are doing . We had 1 staff member who was ruff with the seating are removing the model parts to get different parts off the scan we would get all kinds of 5hit.It wasn't till I got 1 of my senior techs to do the same job and it was perfect that it sunk in.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
No complaints here...we have two of them and they are work horses. As I said before, it's just not a tool for us anymore it's an employee...I go home on time now :) We recently added the diagnostic and model creator modules and have had great success with the diagnostic module. The model creator is pretty simple as well...its just finding the right printer/milling company to make them and the articulators to use with it. As for Medit...those Koreans need to pull their cranium out of their buttocks and put a repair facility in the USA!!!! For instance, a simple table motor breaks, a hundred dollar part will cost you a thousand because you have to ship your whole scanner to Korea to get fixed. Now that my friends is just asinine when you have able and qualified folks here in the states to fix them....hint hint Medit!!!

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
Charles007, I choose Exocad because I want to sleep good and to be in "avantgarde" line in making prosthetics with CAD.
You know what does it mean to you?
Think twicve before you speak.
You need training by some experienced guys.
Get a better scanner, nowadays you can get chineese shining3d or medit identica blue Korean for about 17k bucks and it will roll like an expensive european model.
3shape arent bad, only software is limited but comfortabile. I would use it for temporarys and bars because its usefull and fast for it.
Hybrid complicated works are better done on exocad - I'm just sayin' how it is. If you don't know something it's your lack of knowledge speaking :)

G

Glassman

Reaction score
No complaints here...we have two of them and they are work horses. As I said before, it's just not a tool for us anymore it's an employee...I go home on time now :) We recently added the diagnostic and model creator modules and have had great success with the diagnostic module. The model creator is pretty simple as well...its just finding the right printer/milling company to make them and the articulators to use with it. As for Medit...those Koreans need to pull their cranium out of their buttocks and put a repair facility in the USA!!!! For instance, a simple table motor breaks, a hundred dollar part will cost you a thousand because you have to ship your whole scanner to Korea to get fixed. Now that my friends is just asinine when you have able and qualified folks here in the states to fix them....hint hint Medit!!!

LabGuy, tell me more about the diagnostic module. I can't seem to find info on the exo site about it. I'd like to get out of the dx waxing business and go completely digital.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
LabGuy, tell me more about the diagnostic module. I can't seem to find info on the exo site about it. I'd like to get out of the dx waxing business and go completely digital.

Sorry, meant the provisional module...I called it diagnostic because it real helpful in making temps after you spent the hours making a beautiful diagnostic...you can just copy it make the provisionals...very simple. You can use it for diagnostic...just mill white wax instead of temps.

G

Glassman

Reaction score
Drat! Thanks for shattering my hopes of eliminating full mouth wax ups.:)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
....another lunch bag letdown.:(

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Charles, I don't see the issues you are having with them. If I have an open contact (which is never),or high occlusion, it's because Chad designed it wrong. Where he puts it, is what I get back...to the micron. Now as for different milling centers and quality/shades/customer service, that varies and has drastically for us throughout the years. Naturally, we use different milling centers for different things because of this.

Top Bottom