Problems with EXOCAD?????

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Drat! Thanks for shattering my hopes of eliminating full mouth wax ups.:)
You can still do full mouth wax-ups...just mill the wax. The biggest advantage we found with the provisional module is that you don't have to separate the dies, trim them, scan individually, just scan the full model and this module allows you to mark the margins wherever you want them. Which is a big help and saves on the scan time.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Charles007, I choose Exocad because I want to sleep good and to be in "avantgarde" line in making prosthetics with CAD.
You know what does it mean to you?
Think twicve before you speak.
You need training by some experienced guys.
Get a better scanner, nowadays you can get chineese shining3d or medit identica blue Korean for about 17k bucks and it will roll like an expensive european model.
3shape arent bad, only software is limited but comfortabile. I would use it for temporarys and bars because its usefull and fast for it.
Hybrid complicated works are better done on exocad - I'm just sayin' how it is. If you don't know something it's your lack of knowledge speaking :)

Altrex, take it easy on Charles, im the one who started this thread. I was just asking.Please lets not start berating others in here. Charles is one of the most helpful guys here Please don't take this as a personal attack, lets just be constructive.:)

C

charles007

Reaction score
maybe the models are off, Which scanner are you using? are you using powder or spray?
Models off... lol
Medit SE..
No powder/spray
The wide open contact is extremely rare,, but partially open contacts are the norm,

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
I got exoCAD a few weeks ago

the sectional view freaks out when i use it by scattering white lines all over the screen

i swear that it deleted scan data from some of my cases and the example cases that are loaded in some of them have been deleted "cannot load the scene" pops up. maybe i loaded something wrong? I really don't thing I deleted anything but if I did than its way too easy that make that mistake.

crowns come out nice though- no problems with fit

charles how often do you calibrate your scanner?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Charles, I only check the adjacents box if I'm designing two crowns side by side. Say I'm doing #'s 14 and 15, if I'm working on the distal contact of 14 with the adjacents box checked and then start working on the mesial contact of 15 there won't be any blue area unless I uncheck and check the adjacent box again. A mild nuisance but no big deal. As far as single units go I find it easier to view the contacts from the under side of the model to see how far it is going into the adjacents and flatten it some and get it the shape I want. Then in the adapt to antagonist/adjacents window I will set the distance to adjacents to 0.02. I may have to hit the area just under the contact to seat but not much at all.
I guess its all about the finer details in the technique. I can get crowns to seat right down, but no where near the accuracy of grinding in porcelain contacts..

G

Glassman

Reaction score

the sectional view freaks out when i use it by scattering white lines all over the screen

i swear that it deleted scan data from some of my cases and the example cases that are loaded in some of them have been deleted "cannot load the scene" pops up. maybe i loaded something wrong? I really don't thing I deleted anything but if I did than its way too easy that make that mistake.

Change the setting for the vid card. I had the same problem with NVidia GTX660.

C

charles007

Reaction score
" My Exobad scanner is just not as accurate as 3 shape" What the heck is an Exocad scanner?.

"Exocad knows about this problem",...knows about what problem?,..I'm not having a problem so does that mean that something is wrong with my version of Exocad?

Are you getting scans from an intraoral or are you scanning a physical model,...what modeling system are you using. Are you measuring and vacuum mixing your stone? Are you using a typical pin and stone base system. Do all your dentists use the same impression material,...see where I'm going with this?

I went to start my Honda the other morning and the battery was dead!!! I was super pissed. Honda knows about this problem,...stupid Honda. My wife's Toyota always starts!!!!!

After reading this I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a melon baller, dug both my eyes out and fed them to my dog,.....do you see what you made me do,...yeah?!!,...well guess what,...I can't,.....cause I fed my eyes to my dog man!!!,...and stop laughing dude,..it ain't funny CongratsReddy MusicusSmokin
Scanning full arch models
Vacalon BK Metal dowels pins with metal sleeves..
Fujirock w Whip Mix Flow Stone bases. Used low expansion die stones since 92
Renfert Twister Pro..

C

charles007

Reaction score
its not the software its your scanning . the software doesn't change contacts etc like that. Its the way you are sitting the models in the scanner basically somethings movin .If your not doing the scanning yourself I would check what your staff are doing . We had 1 staff member who was ruff with the seating are removing the model parts to get different parts off the scan we would get all kinds of 5hit.It wasn't till I got 1 of my senior techs to do the same job and it was perfect that it sunk in.
I am the staff..... fyi already fired my wife many times but she ignores me, gives me the evil look, keeps working. Can't even get respect when I keep firing her lol

C

charles007

Reaction score

I have always calibrated before using...

C

charles007

Reaction score
Charles007, I choose Exocad because I want to sleep good and to be in "avantgarde" line in making prosthetics with CAD.
You know what does it mean to you?
Think twicve before you speak.
You need training by some experienced guys.
Get a better scanner, nowadays you can get chineese shining3d or medit identica blue Korean for about 17k bucks and it will roll like an expensive european model.
3shape arent bad, only software is limited but comfortabile. I would use it for temporarys and bars because its usefull and fast for it.
Hybrid complicated works are better done on exocad - I'm just sayin' how it is. If you don't know something it's your lack of knowledge speaking :)
Medit SE... Alienware computer...
Lack of knowledge I cad... yes

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
Thanks to All for the help, but I feel like I'm beating a dead horse... Let's move on to other more interesting threads to read... OK guys

Last edited:
BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
My first thought on an open margin is to check insertion. 3Shape it's easy to skip through I think, and exocad you have to make yourself think of the step before you move on too far. My two cents, don't forget to check insertion and undercuts. If you do, you have open margins.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
My god , I don't like the title of this topic .....

I prefer "problem with Exocad users"

Can you change Charles ?

:)

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I am the staff..... fyi already fired my wife many times but she ignores me, gives me the evil look, keeps working. Can't even get respect when I keep firing her lol

That is so funny Charles, had me cracking up. Too bad you still have to pay a fired employee.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Frenchy,,,,, I think good things a re coming out of this discussion,,,,,albeit for RKM.....:p

and ,,,,,Who should we change Charles to?

Top Bottom