Presstige

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I realize that the meat of this forum is emax. However, I was thinking, which can be a dangerous thing. There was some chatter in another thread comparing Ivoclar emax to Pentron's 3G OPC which which was the first pressable LD material introduced. Then ca me along emax. Well Presstige, a thin veneer solution was introduced a couple of years ago and is comprised of six pellets(ingots) V1-V6. V6 is a pigment free ingot for "custom" shades There has been very little talk about prestige in the pass, and is probably a reflection non marketing. Now comes Ivoclar Impulse ingots. Same family, but clearly a slight difference in the formulas of both products. The pressing and firing temps are different. Has anyone used or still uses Presstige? What are your thoughts. Emax diehards dont shoot me, just asking.;)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Never heard of it but I'd still like the gun idea :)

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I realize that the meat of this forum is emax. However, I was thinking, which can be a dangerous thing. There was some chatter in another thread comparing Ivoclar emax to Pentron's 3G OPC which which was the first pressable LD material introduced. Then ca me along emax. Well Presstige, a thin veneer solution was introduced a couple of years ago and is comprised of six pellets(ingots) V1-V6. V6 is a pigment free ingot for "custom" shades There has been very little talk about prestige in the pass, and is probably a reflection non marketing. Now comes Ivoclar Impulse ingots. Same family, but clearly a slight difference in the formulas of both products. The pressing and firing temps are different. Has anyone used or still uses Presstige? What are your thoughts. Emax diehards dont shoot me, just asking.;)

I believe Presstige is a leucite product. Too bad its not LD.

P

Paul Drufva

Reaction score
I attended a seminar on it at Zahn's wallingford Ct facility. Processing is not much different than other pressable systems. The material itself is very hard to grind,not like cerpress, avante,authentic,etc, . It is stronger than most leucite pressables but only half the strength of E max. Currently using E max, as I thought that the slight difference in price was'nt worth it.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I think it was a good for a short time, but now emax has caught up with the value ingots so its somewhat obsolete because of its flexural strength.