Ivoclar PrograMill7 PM7 or Roland?

C

Ceramicer

Reaction score
So… which one? Haha

What are the benefits of the pm7 over the Roland ?

Is it worth the extra 20-30-40k ?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
So… which one? Haha

Biggest thing is support. Ever have a Roland go down?...you'll learn real quick the direct support from Roland in the US is garbage. Where if your Ivoclar goes down, if technical can't fix it remotely that day, they will immediately get you set up to send your files to Core3D so you keep up and running till you get a replacement. Yes, i've had both mills go down in the past, exactly how it was handled.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
So… which one? Haha

if you got the money, pm7 over 52DCi and it's not close. my experience with 52dci has been quite miserable. it's mill itself has been actually been quite reliable, but the user experience is terrible. it regularly mills without inserting a disk, milling can stop for no reason regularly, only mills halfway sometimes. multiple times a week, I have to go back and recalculate and remill units. it's extremely aggravating, especially with urgent cases. the disk changer is a disgrace. it's so slow, it's insulting. pm7 mills a crown in 10-15 minutes. 52DCi takes 25-30 minutes.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I have to go back and recalculate and remill units. it's extremely aggravating, especially with urgent cases. the disk changer is a disgrace. it's so slow, it's insulting. pm7 mills a crown in 10-15 minutes. 52DCi takes 25-30 minutes.
Time is money.. these small things really add up with the life of a mill, and unfortunately, have to be fixed by human hands, defeating the point of having the robot.. My VHF has some software glitches like that.. yet the mill runs fairly well.. puck changers are another story..

G

GDix

Reaction score
Did anyone ever find a sirona/cerec mandrel adaptor to PM7 IV holder?

DreN4do

DreN4do

Donator
Reaction score
The PM7 is a very capable machine.
If I am not mistaken, it is limited to Ivoclar materials, so keep that in mind.

Milling wet and dry on the same mill can be a lot of work since you need to thoroughly clean the unit when changing milling style.

If you do a lot of units, a better option would be to get a capable dry mill for zirconia and a mill for wet. No cleaning in between and you have a backup mill in case anything happens.

I would look at the Roland and the Amann Girrbach Mikro.
we use the PM5 and i can assure you that you are not limited to using only ivoclar materials. you can manually input other materials if you
choose not to use ivoclar materials. the only difference is that instead of just scanning in the RFID from the ivoclar materials, you will need to
purchase 1 or more extra RFID tags (which connect to the block holders),and scan them every time you need to holder a new job. :)

hope this clears some things up :)

~Klinger M.A.S.H 4077

Top Bottom