PFM 3shape parameters

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

got a PFM question. What parameters is anyone using for some nice tight hugging fits for PFM copings scanned on 3shape for a single/bridge. I plan on casting some from milled wax, and having some machined. Any help would be great. Thanks !,,!

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Depends on the machine you are outputting to. Ask the person you are going to have manufacturing the units because the settings will vary from machine to machine.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I am running .010 on the cement gap and .020 on the extra cement gap and .35 on the thickness to mill and cast right. It works for me have no issues with cast and milling, plus fits are dead on and tight!

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
Thank you Tyler, I will try that out.Btw this forum ROCKS !,,!
Thanks for all the useful information.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
If you are milling them out, you will need to find out what size drill bit they are using for the drill compensation. If its a 1mm but, the drill compensation is .55mm. That will allow enough room for the bit to work on the inside. The rule of thumb is to half the diameter of the drill bit and add .05mm to it for tolerances. The cement and extra cement gaps determine the looseness or tightness of the coping. Tyler sounds like he is running some pretty tight crowns there.