Partial framework casting lab (Midwest)?

D

David Laville

Reaction score
Dale Carnegie rolls in his grave...

Obviously you never read his book otherwise you wouldn't be using euphemisms when referring to others.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
So far you've called me Heather, Sunshine and insinuated I smoke crack while accusing me of insulting people. As much as I would like to think differently I can only assume your blatant hypocrisy is a result of ignorance and lack of any formal education to avoid such things.

Respect is a two way street. You want respect, try others with respect.
You don't disappoint, I'll give you that.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Obviously you never read his book otherwise you wouldn't be using euphemisms when referring to others.
  • Listen, at its core, his message was you cannot advance yourself, or get along with others if you're so hostile and self absorbed that you won't listen attentively and find common bond.
You seem very angry. Maybe you should think about dealing with that, because so far it's the only thing that stands out about you.

D

David Laville

Reaction score
  • Listen, at its core, his message was you cannot advance yourself, or get along with others if you're so hostile and self absorbed that you won't listen attentively and find common bond.
You seem very angry. Maybe you should think about dealing with that, because so far it's the only thing that stands out about you.

I've read his book and don't need you to explain it to me. Not referring to people in euphemisms or insinuating they're on drugs was also part of his message. Sorry you missed it.

May I also suggest you try reading many of my replies in other threads. People are congenial to me and I reply in kind. There seems to be an elitist cult in this group who thinks they're entitled to throw out insults and if anyone throws one back it's an outrage!

I don't have anger problems, I treat others the way they treat me. If you don't want me to treat you like crap then stop acting like a turd (speaking in general).

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I've read his book and don't need you to explain it to me. Not referring to people in euphemisms or insinuating they're on drugs was also part of his message. Sorry you missed it.

May I also suggest you try reading many of my replies in other threads. People are congenial to me and I reply in kind. There seems to be an elitist cult in this group who thinks they're entitled to throw out insults and if anyone throws one back it's an outrage!

I don't have anger problems, I treat others the way they treat me. If you don't want me to treat you like crap then stop acting like a turd.
It's great that's working for you.

user name

user name

Reaction score
@David Laville Just a few quotes, from someone who has read all your posts...

Ok never mind clearly you know everything you need to. Which is very little.
Please allow me to educate you a little.
Let me educate you to something else.
I have an attitude towards this profession and little respect for anyone in it.
From my experience most dental technicians are poorly educated and have limited skills.
EXCUSE ME? You started this crap.
Go look in a mirror if you want to see a rude and negative person.
You started this crap.
education is punished and ignorance rewarded in this profession.
And they can't understand why I have a blatant disrespect for other technicians.
Are you starting to get a clue why I think you're a dumbass?

And now Ill interject...
If you were to be charged with being a douche, I think we could get a conviction.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
@David Laville Just a few quotes, from someone who has read all your posts...

Ok never mind clearly you know everything you need to. Which is very little.
Please allow me to educate you a little.
Let me educate you to something else.
I have an attitude towards this profession and little respect for anyone in it.
From my experience most dental technicians are poorly educated and have limited skills.
EXCUSE ME? You started this crap.
Go look in a mirror if you want to see a rude and negative person.
You started this crap.
education is punished and ignorance rewarded in this profession.
And they can't understand why I have a blatant disrespect for other technicians.
Are you starting to get a clue why I think you're a dumbass?

And now Ill interject...
If you were to be charged with being a douche, I think we could get a conviction.
I'm sure he has something to say, he just hasn't gotten around to it yet

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I pass a fancy car wash on the weekends in which all you see them washing and drying (at least the cars up front) Mercedes, Jags, BMWS, cadis etc... I was going to embarrass my son today (because it's fun :) and take my Toyota sedan there just to see if they park mine up front to dry. I went to another car wash for people with less money and guess what? They placed my car out front in the special my car is better than the other cars here spotCheers... Ooops wrong thread sorry, lol...

PS... I used to use Bertram, they were about as good as any, now I don't farm out frameworks, I try and get the dentist to send them out and then to me. They don't like it but it's hard to find quality for a great price.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I pass a fancy car wash on the weekends in which all you see them washing and drying (at least the cars up front) Mercedes, Jags, BMWS, cadis etc... I was going to embarrass my son today (because it's fun :) and take my Toyota sedan there just to see if they park mine up front to dry. I went to another car wash for people with less money and guess what? They placed my car out front in the special my car is better than the other cars here spotCheers... Ooops wrong thread sorry, lol...

PS... I used to use Bertram, they were about as good as any, now I don't farm out frameworks, I try and get the dentist to send them out and them to me. They don't like it but it's hard to find quality for a great price.
I bow before comedic genius.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I bow before comedic genius.

It's all relative, and so is life, and btw so are frameworks. Better to let the doc order them and let them grind on the clasps to get them to fit before they send it to me than me do it and get blamed for a bad framework ;-p The other choice is make them myself...

user name

user name

Reaction score
@David Laville
Lets all get along. Im a former douche too. These guys have help mold me into the successful ass clown I am today. I understand your angst for the taco bell comparison, but let it go. We all value education; Im envious for some of yours. Every day I wake up and pray that things'll go ok. Im good at what I do because I practice, Im talented and God looks out for idiots.

Back on topic...

Why do so many removable folks order out frames. Is it any bigger deal for you to do it than for someone else? I don't know. just asking.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
@David Laville
Lets all get along. Im a former douche too. These guys have help mold me into the successful ass clown I am today. I understand your angst for the taco bell comparison, but let it go. We all value education; Im envious for some of yours. Every day I wake up and pray that things'll go ok. Im good at what I do because I practice, Im talented and God looks out for idiots.

Back on topic...

Why do so many removable folks order out frames. Is it any bigger deal for you to do it than for someone else? I don't know. just asking.
Frame fabrication is time consuming and requires a dedicated space and equipment.
Burnout oven, casting machine, air quality managment are all things that are a upgrade or purchase over what you need for acrylic work.

I am disallowed from casting in my lab for insurance and lease reasons for example, because I can't vent the furnace outside directly through the building front windows.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
@David Laville

Back on topic...

We send them out because the expense of the equipment and the labor involved doesn't make good business sense. Great framework techs are hard to come by, this is something that would really benefit by digital.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
@David Laville

Back on topic...

My perspective is lack of competent labor.
The workflow are dedicated, so teeth/pink branches off from chrome.
For a small lab, nearly impossible.
We pull it off as a midsized.

It's really hard to find good chrome. Big labs offer but consisteny falls off with labor turnover.

At a certain size it's more practical to fabricate either/ or if quality and consistency is a goal.

FWIW acrylic guys are always searching for frames. Good fabricators are tough to find.

Last edited:
2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
I suppose I just do not understand why intensive labour is just given away. Good for the lab that can sell a frame for under $70, just do not understand how they do it. Hell in my neck of the woods just pick up and delivery would cost me $30, that leaves $40 to pay the tech, materials and overhead for a multi -hour process. That is why I said race to the bottom, because that is all it is.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Oh and David Laville just by the way i have a Bsc degree, 3 year Dental Technologist Diploma and my RDT. So i dont think i am a complete ignoramus in this field of 38 years. Dental Technology is a very honourable profession and I have respect for anyone in this field. What is your background that you hate this profesion so much and the people in it?

J

Jmichael

Reaction score
I went away for a couple of days and this thread seems to have taken a detour. Still looking for casting lab recommendations, thanks.

Top Bottom