Ortho periodicals

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
What are you all reading in the ortho world to keep up to date on what is going on in the field?

LMT and Ortho Tribune are the periodicals I read. Are there any other good papers out there that have helped you?

trisha

L

labdude

Reaction score
Only thing that really helped is Ortho. conventions. One day to one week long. That and asking questions. Always asking questions.
The best informative reading material has been books purchased through Quintessence Publishing Co. Been a long time since I used them. They may still be in Lombard Il. Phone #s I have are 800-621-0387 and 312-620-4443.
Also Great Lakes has some good books. Sometimes you have to spend a few hundred dollars for 2 bucks worth of info. However, than 2 buck return can net you thousands.
One book I do have is "The Crozat Technique" from Quintessence. Mostly helpful ideas in it. I used to make several Crozats, now if I make 2 a year I'm lucky.
Seems what you make is based a lot on the Drs. you work for coupled with what new goody they just saw at a meeting at their friends house, or a convention. There is where persistent asking of questions comes in.
Also, if you here about something you haven't made before and can't find info, spend a weekend day fooling around making it as best you can. R&D in this fashion sometimes opens up your ability to offer something new to your Drs. Sometimes they want it, sometimes it goes nowhere. Just never stop trying.
In my long drawn out answer.... I'm trying to say....I guess....buy a lot of books, they have the most info.
One that is really good is "What do you care what other people think?" by Richard Feynman. Also "Surely your joking Mr. Feynman". Not dental stuff, thought provoking stuff.
Mike.