DMG 3D PRINTED MODELS SEPRATOR?

LabRat23

LabRat23

Reaction score
So we got this DMG 3D machine its absolutely amazing so far and we do all our flipper dupes on it as well as ortho appliances. The issue we have is that when we have to go back to add anything on these models with salt and pepper cold cure acrylic we cant get a good separator to avoid a overbond and breaking the appliance or model. Has anyone ran into this problem? We tried COSEP and Vaseline and so far nothing has really given us good results? anyone got any tricks or tips for working with model separator on 3D models and cold cure acrylic? (Vaseline works about 30% of the time and we really dont want to go back and dupe with alginat and have to pour it in stone)

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
So we got this DMG 3D machine its absolutely amazing so far and we do all our flipper dupes on it as well as ortho appliances. The issue we have is that when we have to go back to add anything on these models with salt and pepper cold cure acrylic we cant get a good separator to avoid a overbond and breaking the appliance or model. Has anyone ran into this problem? We tried COSEP and Vaseline and so far nothing has really given us good results? anyone got any tricks or tips for working with model separator on 3D models and cold cure acrylic? (Vaseline works about 30% of the time and we really dont want to go back and dupe with alginat and have to pour it in stone)
You're going to have to make a duplicate model, only don't use alginate. Use hydrocolloid instead.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
The only thing I found, what really works is wax.

LabRat23

LabRat23

Reaction score
BUMP: Ordered siliform going to try that, got samples sent to us this week should have it by the 15th and will update this post with my results!

B

Beldent Inc.

Reaction score
BUMP: Ordered siliform going to try that, got samples sent to us this week should have it by the 15th and will update this post with my results!
That's what we use! Not that bad

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
I went old school….a roll of tinfoil. Works great.