New Triple Tray system ??

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
What about the Orbix articulators

Orbix Dental Products

Anyone using them.

I have the Monotrac like you Al but must say with triple tray Imps, they sometimes seem a bit flimsy
I just like the pinless system not really the little articulator arms.

Those Orbix arts look good. I see they have an adapter so you can glue them on a flat surface.

Ive been using the vertix for the cases without a tripletray imp and dont care for them. I break them apart before I deliver the case and put it in acetone and that removes the glue and I reuse them dozens of times.

It looks like I can do the same thing with the Orbitz Art. Just glue them on the back of the monotrac base and the trimmed opposing.

I didnt see a price just for the art and the adapters only their kit.

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
I switched back to C-bite trays...with silicone spray the dies have a nice "click" when seated...I LOVE it, my favorite system. My problem before I figured out was cutting damp models and they wouldn't seat, might have expanded while sitting outside of the tray over long periods of time.

Now I spray the tray...leave in tray for an hour till dry, section, clean and the dies "click" right in without breaking fingers trying to get them in/out

If they come out with a all-stone III, I hope they incorporate a tear-away wall like the monotrac for a clean jucntion between stone and tray so you don't have to create one while the stone is hardening like on the C-bites

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
I have a seperate room/cage for my wife to work in. I have a glass door on her room and mine.

To stop her bitching when we are busy or cases that come in late Fri I let her pay herself $25 an hour if she has to work weekends and I let her pay herself for what we bill for softtissue models.

I got one of those big air purifiers or dust extractors for her cage.

She does trim the second pours and puts them back in the imp for me and she trims opposings. We have that little Renfert wet model trimmer also, with a diamond disk. It is nice, it melts the models like butter when the blade is sharp.
pretty models AL and very beautiful work u did on that one , i wanted to ask u about the trimming on the wet trimmer , u mean u trim each small die a part ? because if yes i see u just trim them on their mizial and distal areas , and i understand u use monotrac system , i am searching for the pinless system for a while now and i cant decide yet what to buy and work with , monotrac looks nice but it wont match my orbix plastic articulators i use , so i am thinking about Dental Crown and Bridge Shop on Line i think they are pretty similar but the krystal one will fit with orbix , or maybe ppl here know other nicer pinless systems ..

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I'm with Al on the monotrac system. I just started using it a few months ago I have done the old stone base with pins since I started in this business....... I will never look back;) IF! The model worker is worth a damn at all, monotracs turn out beautiful, very accurate, user friendly and man you can fly with those things. I use the plastic trays with several different articulators. I even cut some slots out of some old vertex base formers to use as opposings when using their articulators. I needed that slightly curved quadrant. Another plus for
Menus using them for cad cam. Very low profile and easy to get in the scanning field. I use a putty to hold my models on to the scanning table and these stay in place much better than the stone base method. A lot less weight too.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
For porcelain butt margins , I need a die with a pin .

S

smile4me

Reaction score
I just ordered a free trial kit from B&D for the Artimax system will have it tomorrow! maybe I can do the model work for my husband now lol. I love this forum before I discovered this forum we had 7 employees for a lab that was only doing about $30,000 a month now we have my husband, 1 FT ceramist, 1 PT ceramist, 1PT model worker and I handle all the books and billing . We are wayyyyyyy more efficient and actually able to pay all the bills on time now! this forum is a life saver !

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You will love the Artimax system.

I prefer the clear walled quads.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
You will love the Artimax system.

I prefer the clear walled quads.

I like Artimax as well, but blue wall-less because I use an expansion stone and I want to be able to see the die is fully seated without looking through a wall to do so.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
For porcelain butt margins , I need a die with a pin .

Ok, I've been trying to figure out why, since I read this. I give up, why do you need a pin to do porcelain butt margins?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Ok, I've been trying to figure out why, since I read this. I give up, why do you need a pin to do porcelain butt margins?

Lol I'm glad you asked. I was wondering the same thing. Ofcourse that's coming from the people that brought us Bryan Adams........

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
...and Alanis Morssette, Rush, Neil Young, Shania Twain, etc.. Those Looney's sure do have some good singers. My guess, is for something to hold on, maybe he's use to holding on to something the size of brass pin...HA!!!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I know butt margins are hard for Americans but c'mon guys.

Hold the coping on the die with 2 fingers and draw a knurled or serated instrument across the die pin .The vibration condenses the porcelain into the shoulder.

Dry in front of the muffle and remove the coping.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
...maybe you should date girls from China (snort)

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Lol I'm glad you asked. I was wondering the same thing. Ofcourse that's coming from the people that brought us Bryan Adams........

Bryan was bad 80's music but Ryan Adams is good stuff today.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score

Hold the coping on the die with 2 fingers and draw a knurled or serated instrument across the die pin .The vibration condenses the porcelain into the shoulder.

Lol I see. Ofcourse if they give me a shoulder like that we're going all ceramic. I guess if your doing a long span bridge with butt margins where metal is necessary 6-11 etc. I just run it across the stone die or tap it. Same difference.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score

The dowel pin also comes in handy to tap on counter to loosen crown off die without disturbing margin.
Without pin the dies get too tall on one pour trays.

Lack of model weight is something I don't like about the plastic one pour models. You just don't get the same occlusion sound if you don't have some model weight .

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
...of course if Quebec separates ,we could rank up there with the Congo:D

Top Bottom