model trimmer disc

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
I think it may be time to replace my diamond disc on my Renfert mt plus model trimmer. i use it dry, and have the marathon disc on there now. i have had it for about six years. the diamonds look fine, but latley it has been heating up the models and sometimes causeing them to crack. i assume it must be time to replace the disc.
I REALLY don't want to spend a ton of $$$ on one of these things if i don't have to.
what are my options here? should i stick with Renfert?
Thanks

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I've had my diamond discs for 15 years not sure which make but they are still cutting well, I'd shop around.

Maybe your making your models too big to begin with? shouldn't really have to trim loads off as it's time consuming.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
depends how you clean the disc. if you unscrew it and use hot water you'll get a lifetime out of it. we've had 2 of them in operation since replacing our old 12" whip mix hunk o junk. clean the disc and only use it on models that are completely cured (1 day old). models whoch lock in the moisture (blue Lab stone, plaster or yellow stone) make it very easy for the next model to heat up and crack.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
My disk is 12yrs old.

We have even cut aluminum and all sorts of abuse.

Still cuts like new.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
My disk is 12yrs old.

We have even cut aluminum and all sorts of abuse.

Still cuts like new.
Sounds like an ad for Ginsu Knives
Ginsu.jpg
Ginsu.jpg