Help! Where to buy TCS Unbreakable disc?

Simon_Vincismile

Simon_Vincismile

Reaction score
I'd like to buy some tcs unbreakable discs. I contact them on the website but was informed I had to get it from their distributor. I searched it on Nowak but they have no disc on the web.
Anyone know how could I get them? Thank you!
1669853341907.png

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I would be interested in seeing milled TCS Unbreakable. However, have you thought about how to anchor the teeth to the base?

Simon_Vincismile

Simon_Vincismile

Reaction score
I would be interested in seeing milled TCS Unbreakable. However, have you thought about how to anchor the teeth to the base?
Hi, I remember you, parials expert!
I considered two ways. One is to use stellar DC, and the other is to make mesh structure to get mechanical bonding.
Do you have other suggestion? I would appreciate it.

Simon_Vincismile

Simon_Vincismile

Reaction score
TCS recommend their Fusing Liquid + Acrylic

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Hi, I remember you, parials expert!
I considered two ways. One is to use stellar DC, and the other is to make mesh structure to get mechanical bonding.
Do you have other suggestion? I would appreciate it.
I don't think Stellar DC will bond to nylon. It looks like another Zest Chairside. I have seen attempts to mill pegs to pmma fill, but that's not only labor intensive, but no good in most tight bite partial situations.

Same with mesh framework...hard saddle joined to too flexible nylon.

See if TCS has Karadent in a disc. Or check if Keystone has Clearmet in a disc.

Simon_Vincismile

Simon_Vincismile

Reaction score
I don't think Stellar DC will bond to nylon. It looks like another Zest Chairside. I have seen attempts to mill pegs to pmma fill, but that's not only labor intensive, but no good in most tight bite partial situations.

Same with mesh framework...hard saddle joined to too flexible nylon.

See if TCS has Karadent in a disc. Or check if Keystone has Clearmet in a disc.
They don't have Karadent in disc, only unbreakable and iflex. I'm also trying to search if there is other bonding method for nylon disc besides mesh framework.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
They don't have Karadent in disc, only unbreakable and iflex. I'm also trying to search if there is other bonding method for nylon disc besides mesh framework.
Valplast printer uses pegs you selfcure tooth around.
But there is "no bonding" with pmma to Unbreakable or iFlex unfortunately.
I don't think there exist a millable disc for a flexible AND pmma bondable flexible yet.

Last edited:
Simon_Vincismile

Simon_Vincismile

Reaction score
Valplast printer uses pegs you selfcure tooth around. What about Snow Rock. They might have a millable disc for there AcryFlex or whatever the call it today.

But there is "no bonding" with pmma to Unbreakable or iFlex unfortunately
Thank you for the information, I'll search it later. It is reallly a problem to bond the teeth and millable nylon denture.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Thank you for the information, I'll search it later. It is reallly a problem to bond the teeth and millable nylon denture.
I would recommend letting TCS know you'd be interested in a Karadent Disc. Maybe Keystone will make Clearmet in Disc although that was more an acquisition product. Or if Snow Rock will make Acryflex in a puck.

However, Unbreakable milled into a framework with heavy deep finish lines is doable.... But still the same design rules have to be followed whether milled or injected.

Looking forward to seeing a pic. 👍

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I still think injection is the way to go though. Adding material to teeth is easier than adding teeth to my material. A lot of times companies just want to jump on the bandwagon, hence creating those discs. I don't think they really know how you're supposed to add teeth to it. For unbreakable or iFlex, if you're dead set on a milled only, I would try to do the sockets with some form of post or hook system. Unbreakable would probably be better for longevity. Think how mechanical retention works with a diatoric, and then just try to mill that bar support system into the base. You'll have to cut more of the denture tooth to make room for the selfcure you're going to squish around those bars. I think that's going to be a more satisfactory and fixable approach then to try to make a metal framework replacement with those materials. Especially for a quick repair in the future.
It's the same problem I see with guys milling VisiClear or Acetal partial frameworks.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
TCS recommend their Fusing Liquid + Acrylic
That's only for Karadent. Or for injection repairs with the same plastic to it's parent for all 3.
But the fusing liquid+acrylic only works on Karadent.

Which is the same chemical as ValFuse for Valplast

Last edited:
Simon_Vincismile

Simon_Vincismile

Reaction score
I still think injection is the way to go though. Adding material to teeth is easier than adding teeth to my material. A lot of times companies just want to jump on the bandwagon, hence creating those discs. I don't think they really know how you're supposed to add teeth to it. For unbreakable or iFlex, if you're dead set on a milled only, I would try to do the sockets with some form of post or hook system. Unbreakable would probably be better for longevity. Think how mechanical retention works with a diatoric, and then just try to mill that bar support system into the base. You'll have to cut more of the denture tooth to make room for the selfcure you're going to squish around those bars. I think that's going to be a more satisfactory and fixable approach then to try to make a metal framework replacement with those materials. Especially for a quick repair in the future.
It's the same problem I see with guys milling VisiClear or Acetal partial frameworks.
Yeah, I got it. Millable nylon discs still have many problems. Thanks for your suggestions.

Simon_Vincismile

Simon_Vincismile

Reaction score
Did you use the nylon disc to fabricate the bite splints? One of my customers use nylon discs to mill the soft/flexible nightguards and he really like it. I'd like to know your oppinions, Mr experts. 😁

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Did you use the nylon disc to fabricate the bite splints? One of my customers use nylon discs to mill the soft/flexible nightguards and he really like it. I'd like to know your oppinions, Mr experts. 😁
While you COULD mill a night guard out of nylon, that'd be my last option. Nylon doesn't come in a clear, just cloudy overcast.

Sounds like he's using a Clearsplint Disc or similar.

Milling is a very expensive option compared to a $2 dollar sheet of vacuum form. But if you want a no hands digital approach, buy a Phrosen printer and use KeySplint. Don't wear out a multi-dime machine cutting gumballs.

Top Bottom