Microlayering "Basic Kit"

O

omsk

Ratings
Hi everyone!

I do full contour zirconia pretty much all the time. I have little to no experience using porcelain. I am able to add a contacts every now and then.

There are cases where I feel would look a lot better if I was able to add some clear porcelain on the incisal or on the facial of the crowns.

I wanted to learn how to do this on my free time. What would you say are the essential or basic powders to do this? Like I said I want to slowly learn but I don't really want to buy a full kit that I most likely won't use all of it. Also I am trying to keep it very basic by only layering the incisal or the facial. Nothing too fancy.

Thanks!

Really liking the new look on the forum :)

A

adl

Ratings
151 1
Hi everyone!

I do full contour zirconia pretty much all the time. I have little to no experience using porcelain. I am able to add a contacts every now and then.

There are cases where I feel would look a lot better if I was able to add some clear porcelain on the incisal or on the facial of the crowns.

I wanted to learn how to do this on my free time. What would you say are the essential or basic powders to do this? Like I said I want to slowly learn but I don't really want to buy a full kit that I most likely won't use all of it. Also I am trying to keep it very basic by only layering the incisal or the facial. Nothing too fancy.

Thanks!

Really liking the new look on the forum :)
Try MIYO

Car 54

Car 54

Ratings
2,382 28
Something from the emax Ceram family may work well, too. I use ZI-F, which is a bit higher temp wise ~ 810-815c but I have it adjusted
to fire on emax and zi. ZI-F neutral, opal translucent would work. With emax Ceram, it fires at a lower temp, making it a little easier to do a
emax add on that may eventually come your way.

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,522 29
i would also like to say......go for Jensen's Miyo. hands down the best for microlayering, especially if you arent familiar with using porcelains. you can get superb results at a novice level.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!