Elegoo Saturn 3 Ultra 12K

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I was about to order an new Ackuretta vat for models at 255.00.
I've been watching this machine for a bit, this whole line really. I got a little early intel on the new Sat 4 and immediately bought the Saturn 3 Ultra. the 4 pre-launch opened up sales directly from elegoo.com...
the machine was 429 shipped, no tax. it was at the door in 2 days. 2 hour set up and calibration. Voxeldance Tango is the batch and slicer.. i love it on first use. free lifetime use.
i leveled the print bed, dumped in 8K elegoo resin under $30 for a 1KG bottle (took about an hour to learn to input the parameters. tweaked a few things in parameters)...

and did a 4 corners print test on the massive bed

IMG_3855.jpeg

IMG_3861.jpeg

IMG_3860.jpeg

IMG_3857.jpeg

IMG_3856.jpeg

every single one printed flawlessly... the fine hairs distorted during processing.. i have never seen that fine of print.

full metal body, massive plate... vats and film are cheap. plates are cheap. screens are 150.
i year warranty, mass reviews but don't buy amazon.. check their site

Attachments

• IMG_3858.jpeg
    IMG_3858.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 7
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Saturn and a few others in 12-14 K resolution range are nice bitches, but keep in mind uses ACF film which has less peelforce so less print failure but tends a bit to soften things due to color vs clearnes -

Last edited:
T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
nice, yeah getting those super-thin diagonal columns to print can be a real beast, nice to see that hobby-tier LCDs can nearly go toe-to-toe with our Asigas for such fine structures.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
IMG_3864.jpeg

IMG_3869.jpeg

this resin is much tougher, the analogs fit like a glove in cured models.. typically i fit them prior to curing.
this also printed 1 hour faster with over 100 more layers compared to the SOL on "fine" print. this print material is pretty much cured right off the print bed and processing is pretty forgiving...
the lighter is Argen (Key) Grey.

also have dual sets out to two other small labs, but i already know which i'll prefer at the bench..

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Very nice, Andrew :) It almost looks like the light grey prints a little better, smoother looking?